• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh 1304 printer not printing...

Fast Wraps

I have had a this Mutoh 1304 since 2012. I started only printing banners with it in 2018 where sometimes it would sit unused. Long story short, it got to where it would not print at all. After multiple cleanings and charges, still no ink moving through the print head. After attempting multiple head soaks and cleanings, I replaced the print head with a new one. Still the same problem, not printing. Has anyone had the same issue? I replaced the maintenance station on this machine 3 years ago with a genuine Mutoh Replacement. Not sure if this maintenance station needs replacing as well or if the lines are clogged some how or if there is a bad connection or a burnt out circuit on a board.

Any direction on where to look next would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
JT

benski

I have had a this Mutoh 1304 since 2012. I started only printing banners with it in 2018 where sometimes it would sit unused. Long story short, it got to where it would not print at all. After multiple cleanings and charges, still no ink moving through the print head. After attempting multiple head soaks and cleanings, I replaced the print head with a new one. Still the same problem, not printing. Has anyone had the same issue? I replaced the maintenance station on this machine 3 years ago with a genuine Mutoh Replacement. Not sure if this maintenance station needs replacing as well or if the lines are clogged some how or if there is a bad connection or a burnt out circuit on a board.

Any direction on where to look next would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
JT
I bet you tubes and lines in the cap, cap station and going to waste tank are all plugged. Ive had this identical issue was able to remove and clean in few hours all worked well after good clean. printer cannot sit unused for very long. I add cleaning solution to my cap station several times a week to keep lines clean.

GTSTech_1

With the new head not outputting like the old head, I would check the fuses on the mainboard. On the 1304 and 1324 series you will have to remove the mainboard itself in order to get the probes on the fuse. It's a pain to get to, but at least Mutoh color coordinated the wires to the plugs on the mainboard.

my .02

premiercolour

Merchant Member
Post nozzle check. If you saw one of the four colors, it is not fuse. Burn fuse will result in no nozzle check across all four colors at all.

When there is a problem, check dampers and maintenance station. Replace if not changed within 1 year. Next is to check fuse. Next would be printhead. There may be something else but it is generally how it is going to be. Our company is a Mutoh dealer from Los Angeles. We can order any Mutoh parts for you to arrive next day. Give us a call.

714-668-9200

Fast Wraps

I'm interested in your JetBest Inks. How about a new customer discount code for transitioning to Jet Best inks? Last year I spent $20k on OEM Mutoh inks. I'll need 8 cartridges (4 for each printer) and several containers of each C, M,Y and K. Whats the shelf life on this stuff?

premiercolour

Merchant Member
I'm interested in your JetBest Inks. How about a new customer discount code for transitioning to Jet Best inks? Last year I spent $20k on OEM Mutoh inks. I'll need 8 cartridges (4 for each printer) and several containers of each C, M,Y and K. Whats the shelf life on this stuff?

Please text me at 949-209-7306. We dont have price break on the inks but yes I might be able to offer you something else. You can easily save $10,000 a year. $800 a month for a lot of something else. Jetbest ink performs just like OEM.

www.premiercolour.com