• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh 1324 bad chip

pjfmeister

I have a 1324 and I got a (M bad chip error) in the middle of a print. If I keep feeding it cartridges it will fry them all
So I unplug the machine and pull out all the cartridges and then power up with them removed. Then feed new cartridges one at a time and then I am up and running again. Ran for about 3 days and now the magenta came up bad chip again. I replaced the Magenta and then it reads Y s/c Read error...dont really want to fry another full new set of inks...

I have another call into tech support again....any ideas on the root of the problem..?

Robert M

Chips

The dealer you buy your inks from should be able to get you replacement chips so you don't waste the inks. Take a flash light and look at the reader that is in the back cartridge bay, compare the one giving you trouble with a good one, I think something has gotten knocked out of place.

pjfmeister

Steps so far...usually about a week inbetween errors/crash
1st error...Mutoh replaced inks
2nd error...Mutoh upgraded firmware and replaced inks
3rd error....Mutoh sending out a tech to replace readers and replacing inks
Hope to get this mystery solved soon...

signs+banners

I had a customer with the same issue recently. I replaced the junction board and the reader board. Quick and easy took care of all issues. Plus I was told never to reinstall a cartridge once that error pops up.

pjfmeister

Talked to Mutoh...they are going to send out a reader board and a junction board...I asked for this specifically thanks to your post....appreciate the info!

pjfmeister

I would really like to switch to a bulk system for both my 1324 and my 1614 but I am still under warranty until the end of the year and I don't want to jeopardize my service contract...

signs+banners

Bulk Ink System

Mutoh makes a bulk ink system for your machine but I have not played with one yet outside of checking out parts and pieces at Mutoh. About $1500 to set up. That includes the 1000ml bags of ink. Not sure if that is where you want to go or not. I'd suggest checking out others as well.

pjfmeister

Mutoh was never able to fix this error and it continued on even after multiple parts being replaced and troubleshooting...Crashed over 20 sets of ink...the good news is they finally replaced the printer....got a new 1624 yesterday...nice upgrade from the 1324

Archerace7

Same Problem

Just had the same thing happen on our VJ 1324. I will replace the Magenta tomorrow, and hopefully get it going. Is the solution to this problem to install a bulk ink system?

Thanks

MagnetStew

Just had the same thing happen on our VJ 1324. I will replace the Magenta tomorrow, and hopefully get it going. Is the solution to this problem to install a bulk ink system?

Thanks

We just purchased a NITE Bulk ink system (http://www.nite.co.kr/product/product_c_select.asp?product_a=2&bulk_select=2) for one of our Mutoh 1604's and it works great. We are about to get them for all our other printers. If you buy one straight from Nite the shipping is horrendous as it ships from Korea but it's still cheaper than buying it on ebay or through a distributor.

The cool thing on the Nite is that you only need to have the cards inserted when you turn on your machine. After it is on you can pull them out and keep them until the Bulk system runs down and then plug them back in again. This way your smart cards last indefinetly so you only need to purchase a few cards. Most bulk ink distributors should send you a card with their ink bottles anyway so you should be good to go. We are saving so much on ink cost doing things this way. Don't let people scare you into only buying OEM......we have tried STS, JetBest and AlphaChem and all have worked great and we are very picky about the product we send out.