• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh 1324 Black looks green?

Subysti

Long store short, took head out and cleaned, replaced dampers as I had lost most of the black. Nozzle check looks good now. Printing from Flexi19 and I get some banding with blacks and a greenish tint. Turned off color correction in flexi and the black printed bright green but the quality was great no banding. Not sure what changed but something seems to have. Any clues?

Subysti

Well I figured it out that a lot of the read nozzles were clogged. I figured black would use just black but nope, seems to be a mixture of a few colors.

TimToad

We're not running a Mutoh, but with any large format printer, its critical for longevity and colorfastness to build your black and even other colors from blends of all inks in your system. It's like giving your colors vitamins.

We build a "rich" black from C:75 / M: 75 / Y: 75 / K: 90