• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh 1324 Clicking and Print Issues

mameighan

So printer was working great all day yesterday and then all of a sudden not firing on all nozzels
Have done many many head cleans and after each one I get some printing but it goes bad on the next print.

There us a horrible clicking/grinding/jerking when printing and I can't tell if it is catching somwhere

My thoughts

1. Capping head just crapped out
2. Head is not going all the way back to station
3. No idea on the jerking/grinding noise

Any ideas????
Photo of print and head placement finish attached. Video for sound of catching

Thanks

Attachments

• 20180901_135712.jpg
    20180901_135712.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 396
  • 20180901_140247.jpg
    20180901_140247.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 292

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
That sound isn't normal for sure. You need to unplug the printer and then move the head manually back and forth to figure out where it is catching. You should be able to feel it when it catches. Once you can figure out where that sound is coming from, it will lead you to the solution. You might have to take some covers off to find the source of the sound.

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
It sounds to me like something to do with the CR belt. I have seen 13xx printers do this. If you remove the cover on the right hand side of the printer you will see the tension adjustment for the belt "jump" every time the carriage changes direction.

unmateria

For the timming, Sounds like tensión belt spring is very soft or cutter is down. You need to remove covers and check where the noise is.