• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

mutoh 1324 e068 error

altereddezignz

My boss wanted to put new dampers in the head before we made the purchase of a new printer to be sure. So new dampers in and now i get error e068. When going into the service mode and test on the encoder for the CR and i get no readout. I have double checked that i did not unhook it by accident and it is fine. I have triple checked the connections on the head also. The t fence looks perfect and i have took a little bit of alcohol and a credit card and lightly cleaned between the CR encoder still will not read..

Checked all cables
Cleaned and wiped off t fence.
Cleaned CR encoder
Disconnected and reconnected head ribbon cables

Printer goes to initializing. Then moves about an 1/8 then jumps about 4 inches and starts flashing the e068 error.

Last edited:

Geshkin

Did you unplug power cable while replace dampers?
Did you press power key for remove rest of electricity on capacitors?
In 1324 model not so easy to replace dampers. And possible you moved head cable a little and short cirquit happened.

altereddezignz

I was very VERY careful when replacing the dampers and it is actually really easy.

Power was removed from wall. Power was then removed from circuit breaker/surge protector.

Power button was pressed for 30 seconds.
Machine was left unplugged over night.
Power button again pressed for 30 seconds.

There are only 4 connectors that are placed on the head to disconnect. Each cable was disconnected one by one and an anti static non conducting wrap was placed around each one at a time before the next was unplugged.

An anti static strap was also warn while replacing all components.

I also reinstalled the same exact way other than leaving the power off over night.

Geshkin

What is antistatic wrap? Self-adghesive or not?
Can you move carriage to the middle while printer OFF and press Porek key?
What will happen this case? Same move and error?

altereddezignz

The wrap is like a cotton that looks similar to a tape but it is sticky on the outside so you wrap the connectors and no tape is on the connectors and it is static free and non abrasive.

No matter where the head is at it does the same thing. In the service screen to watch the location of the CR encoder it reads 0000 no matter where the head is at.

Geshkin

I am asked because some wires in head cables used for Encoder circuit.
So, all looks good. It can be coincidence, and some parts burned.
This case only one way to find the problematic part - replace one by one.
In my opinion I would start from disconnect and connect CR cables on mainboard and CR board.
And replace CR Encoder after.

altereddezignz

Changing the cr encoder sensor fixed that issue. Well new lines. New ink. New dampers and you get ink though the main station when doing a cleaning and lil charge but it will not print any test prints to paper. Before we has magenta and black. The cyan and yellow dampers were clogged.

altereddezignz

So some crazy how i blew the printer head fuse on F3 on the main board. New ones over nighted be here tomorrow.. So ready for this to be over lol.

Ronny howard

So some crazy how i blew the printer head fuse on F3 on the main board. New ones over nighted be here tomorrow.. So ready for this to be over lol.
so how did it come out. I changed the m station now getting xpert 1341 pro eo68 err cr encoder. Had to be something I did. It was fine and printing but station needed changing so I did.. now work can not be done.... errrrrrrr

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Check to see if the spring latch that locks the print head to the maintenance station is in the correct position and straight up and down. If it is bent just a little forward or backward the mutoh will throw up this error.
If that does not clear it up look to see if you have smeared ink or grease on the t-fence. You can clean it (gently) with alcohol and then water using lint free cleaning patches. The T-fence on those models is too close to the printhead and get misted with ink after a while. Doesn't take much to have the CR encoders start to error out.

Ronny howard

all looks good if looking at the right thing. I cleaned it also and don't see anything on it at all. I did replace the sensor because it looked to have stuff on it. Could this be were the issue is? I put old one back on and same result. It will start to jog then stop