• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh 1324 Horizontal Banding

A2Z

Signtec 360 LLC
Mutoh 1324 Horizontal Banding Problem Please Help
Flexi Signs
Forward Banner
Pre Heater 41
Platen 40
Dryer 50
Opti_Sol Basic Banner Gloss 13oz 540x720 Flexi profile

Attachments

• IMG_4601.jpg
    IMG_4601.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 219
  • IMG_4600.jpg
    IMG_4600.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 157

heyskull

I can't see any banding either.
If you are printing onto banner that looks sweet.
The weave in the banner material creates a natural banding and nothing can be done about that.
In my opinion that is some super prints onto banner material.

SC

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
How old is the machine? I am leaning towards a dirty/cloudy encoder strip or possibly the dampers and cap top have not been changed in a long time so the ink flow is not keeping up with the print speeds.

0igo

I can't see any banding either.
If you are printing onto banner that looks sweet.
The weave in the banner material creates a natural banding and nothing can be done about that.
In my opinion that is some super prints onto banner material.

SC

Exactly what he said. Usually it's the banner material that makes it look like there's banding. Try printing on a regular vinyl sheet with a different print profile than the banner and post a pic

thewvsignguy

Opti_Sol Basic Banner Gloss 13oz 540x720 Flexi profile

We have have nothing but problem out of this glossy banner material. We prefer the matte from Advantage

I do see the streaking you are talking about as well, we had the same problem with only the gloss.