• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh 1324 no ink after head flushing

Supergirl

Hi,

I'd really appreciate some help or advice.

I noticed some streaks in prints, mostly when printing grey, but slightly visible in black too.
Nozzle check showed some missing nozzles on black only.

Replaced the maintenance station with a brand new OEM one.

Performed several cleanings and head soaks, but it didn't help.

Reading on the forum, decided to do the headflush.

well, the printhead in 1324 is different than any of the videos that i've seen, so initially tried flushing thru the dampers. pulling worked (sorry, i never messed with this before, but i learned a whole bunch :) )
someone here mentioned pulling first, in case there are particles and flushing wouldn't do much.

after figuring out how to disassemble the head parts, remove the damper caps, then pull the plastic surrounding casing, removed the dampers (didn't replace them, in case i have to replace the whole head if this doesn't work), flushed the head.
Put it all back together and performed several cleaning cycles, but there is no ink coming out of the head.

the hoses have all filled. the waste hoses pull ink when sucked on them with syringes.

next thing i read is to prime the dampers.

on all the videos, when doing this, people do NOT have to disconnect the hoses to assemble again.
I believe the only way to assemble this printhead is to disconnect the hoses, put the plastic cover over the dampers, put the caps, then connect the hoses.

So, will the priming help?

Can the missing ink have a different cause?

Thank you for your help!

t.