Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mutoh 1324 not printing black properly

Discussion in 'Site Help and Suggestions' started by MIKE DAVIS, Dec 15, 2020.

1. MIKE DAVIS

MIKE DAVIS New Member

Dec 2, 2020
    1224 Kingsway Ave. Se
    Hi there, I upgraded to the current Flexi software, and not sure if it is an issue with my printer or software, but I cannot get it to do a proper plain black for printing? Some prints look like it has a miniscule tint of magenta around the edge, or it is a blah looking black? I can get away with it if I print on my oracal vinyl and use a different profile, but when I try to print on a heat transfer vinyl for small decals, it just is not black. I adjust settings (as much as I am aware of) but cannot get it black? Just not sure what the difference between graphi 1-4 or quality 1-4 really do, or how I can get it to lay down a definitive black? thx a bunch!

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. bil

bil New Member

Mar 30, 2017
    Algeria
    Hello,

This kind of problem could be caused by,

Not an original ink
    Bad media
    Bad profile
    Some clogged nozzles
    Poor head printing (if your head has reached the limit).

Make sure that your profiles are well installed on your Flexi software,and try to use (fine and fog) interweaving effects on your Flexi parameter to enhance the quality of your printing.

3. MIKE DAVIS

MIKE DAVIS New Member

Dec 2, 2020
    1224 Kingsway Ave. Se
    Thank you. had to change the docking station, and now the dampers are coming to change that out too, as the cyan just stopped.....ugh