• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh 1324 Print Issues

mameighan

So I have replaced the maintenance station and still having some issues
If you look at the photos below I am having most issues with blues and this changes on the type of blue I use
Some banding is also occurring as well as the spatter/shadow effect

Any ideas?

1. Encoder?
2. Dampers

Head alignment - could someone help me through this? I have the manual but not exactly sure what I am looking for

Attachments

• 20180914_142450.jpg
    20180914_142450.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 606
  • 20180914_142506.jpg
    20180914_142506.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 504

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Looks like your head is done for. That much over spray in the cyan is almost certainly an electrical failure. You also have cross contamination going on which could be internal damage to the head or a failing maintenance station.

jriley

Send the head over to the left side of the printer and inspect the bottom of the print head. Use a mirror and a flashlight if you need to. Looks like there's some major nozzle deflection and cross contamination going on. Have any head strikes before this problem started happening?

As far as the cross contamination goes (black in your Cyan and Magenta channels), this should have been taken care of by the replacement of your maintenance station and a Long Cleaning. Have you run a Long Cleaning since you swapped out the maintenance station?

Also, can you attach a picture of your nozzle check in end user mode?

Last edited:

mameighan

Ok if head is done what are your opinions.

1. New head
2. Bite the bullet and get new printer (maybe lower model latex...don't have high volume)
3. How much can I get for my printer as is for someone that can fix it?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Ok if head is done what are your opinions.

1. New head
2. Bite the bullet and get new printer (maybe lower model latex...don't have high volume)
3. How much can I get for my printer as is for someone that can fix it?

VJ1324 printers are solid machines and if this is your first print head change, I would stick with it. Other than the head and maintenance station, most of the other parts hold up well over time. If you maintain it properly, you should get another 3 - 5 years on the new head and sometimes longer. You are looking at around $2500 give or take to replace the head and maintenance station. That's no small chunk of change and could be a good down payment on a new one. But if I could get another few years out of it for $2500 I would choose that.

mameighan

So I am heading towards the purchase of a new printer. I really don't do high volume so an looking at the hp 115 or 315?
Any thoughts on these?

Does anyone have info on the house basic cutter? I currently only have 30" Q75 so not sure how good the "basic cutter" is.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. I know there are threads on latex but haven't sent much lately on the 115 vs 315 and actual users

unmateria

That is oversprying. Usually solves with heavy cleaning and sucking solvent from the dampers pins (check if dirty is going out, and use a different clean srynge to injto inject soft solvent). If after that doesnt work, yes, is the way Many heads dye after heavy use