• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh 1324X 54 or MIMAKI JV-150-130 54"

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Solvent out performs latex by far, although to me it sounds like a UV ink would better suit your needs. Pure opinion here, I can testify to the Improvements through every generation of HP latex and although the bang for the buck is there, it only serves to compensate for what it lacks (again opinion). And that is a sustainable method for producing applications intended for outdoor use.

When you say Solvent out performs latex, specifically, what are you referring to? Dry Times, Range of Applications, Ink Durability, Cost of ownership? Doing the applications he mentioned are ideal for Latex and are more cost effective off of latex then any other ink set. I am just curious where solvent out performs anything by far?

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Send me a PM with your email, I'll send you some of our sample files. Happy to have you print them at the best settings you can and prove me wrong.

Also, let me clarify - solid blue/red/blacks and general safety/compliance sign type colors are fine on the latex. When you get into the lighter colors is where the issue happens. We print safety signs all day long on our latex without problems, and love the fact I can laminate directly off of the printer. The higher end graphics with a bunch of lighter colors and such (think StickerMule type stickers) is another story.

Will send you a few PDF's once I have your email address.

You were 100% correct about the Grainy pastels! Me personally, think the quality is still totally sellable in 99% of the applications. I would just work without pastels when designing, I will send you the prints we did with your file. Thank you so much for sharing that one with me, when I was printing it I thought everything look perfect, when I looked super close I could see grain in the lighter pastel colors.