Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help Mutoh 1324x [KYMC] S/C read error

Discussion in 'Mutoh' started by SV Signworks, Oct 23, 2018.

1. SV Signworks

SV Signworks Member

Jul 24, 2017
    Kellogg Idaho
    Every one of my cartridges is reading as an S/C read error this morning. They were working fine yesterday afternoon. I have remounted each, restarted (several times) swapped out new cartridges etc... I've tried to reach the local repair guy - waiting... any ideas on how to fix. Thanks!

Tags:
  2. Solventinkjet

Solventinkjet DIY Printer Fixing Guide

Aug 2, 2011
    Denver, CO
    If this happened out of the blue, all of them don't work, and putting new cartridges in also doesn't work, the junction board might be damaged. It's the board all of the ink chips connect to. When that board fails it will fail to read the smart cards.

3. SV Signworks

SV Signworks Member

Jul 24, 2017
    Kellogg Idaho
    Thank you. Seemed like it was probably something more than a "jiggle this" or remount/turn on turn off situation. Got a hold of the tech so hopefully it'll be under warranty.

4. henryp

henryp Member

Sep 25, 2006
    Sydney Australia
    If you are using genuine Mutoh ink cartridges, the firmware on the printer may have been corrupted

5. unmateria

unmateria Member

Nov 30, 2017
    zaragoza
    Try with and old 0% but not wasted card. In a 1324 sometimes happens with new cards, they dont work until i put an old genuine one and then change it