• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh 1604 Black, works on fine, not so good on wave.

Angela

7 year Mutoh. Nozzel check, and black with multiple broken lines. It will not print well in wave, this after multiple head soakings, two little charges, cleaner down the capping section, lines clear, dampers look fine. Time to order my 2nd head in 8 years. I ordered it ( $2800) it's still in the box. I ran some prints in fine print mode, and it prints fine with more ink dropping. Is there something missing that I can do with my old head. Might it still be salvaged? I would rather keep it, and if I have to, hold on to the new head for future use if I can't return it......Any suggestions from the pros

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
You could try flushing the head as a last resort to recover the nozzles but otherwise you are not going to be able to get rid of the banding unless those nozzles are firing. Running your prints in super fine A or B mode only uses half of the channels. So if you have one black channel that is firing fine, you can tell it to only use that one (A or B channel) This does slow the machine down to about half speed however.