• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh 1604 err cr2 current (Sticky cellinoid)

signguy7473

Mutoh 1604 err cr2 current. Thanks to Signs 101, & the members, I received a lot help with this problem. By observation, I noticed the cellinoid "misses a beat" & fails to push down the latch by the capping station (That's where it always happens). The head then jams, & the error message appears. The cellinoid does work, but it misses a beat & sits there. It was an occasional problem, but now it's a lot more frequent. The latch assembly was been replaced, but to no avail. Any thoughts as to what cause the cellinoid to malfunction. Thank-You for your help, Tom :thankyou:

Last edited by a moderator:

signguy7473

Hi, DSD, Thank-you for your help. I am sure it isn't moving or even activated. I have watched it a lot. If the plunger arm is bent it is not apparent to me. Being the cellinoid does work, but again "misses a beat" I'm thinking it could be a dirty senser. I have'nt cleaned the encoder strip (AKA T-Bar) yet, although it appears ok. Mutoh said the head gets it's instructions from the encoding strip. But there also must be a senser in the head itself. I'd would clean that too, if I knew where it was. My next step is to clean what I can & see what happens. Thanks again for the help, Tom