• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh 1604 missing 1st black block, damper full, new printhead/dampers/cables. Ideas?

element7

So here is the deal. I replaced the print head about 3 years ago and haven't had too many problems, until Sat. The black nozzles started with broken lines. It'd print a job great, then the nozzles went away, then it printed one more job and I couldn't get it back. Since then, I've replaced the dampers, replaced the flat cables and ran to Mutoh today and picked up a printhead in will call to try and get this resolved. Now all nozzles print perfectly, except the first entire black block is missing. No errors, I pulled the ink through with a syringe, the damper is about 50%, but I have nothing. Even checked the cable connections. I'm leaning toward the small control panel above the printhead carriage? Any advice or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Mike

S

spmracing

after changing my head on my 1204 i'm also missing one of the black blocks... no clue what it is, dont really care, its printing perfect.. haha but if you find out please let me know!

heyskull

When I had my head replaced on our 1604 earlier on in the year the technician insisted I supplied original mutoh head cables.
He reckoned that he had had issues with non original cables.
So it could still be the head cable.
Ours prints like new again.

SC

element7

So you had replaced the original cables with aftermarket and then purchased another set of Mutoh OEM cables?