• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh 1604

cr.designs

Looking at buying a used Mutoh 1604, but don't know what I should pay. Does anyone have a good value for this machine? I know its all based on the condition of the machine, but lets just say its in great working condition. I know the machine started out at $22,000, so what should I be paying? I've seen people on here saying they've seen them for around 5,500.

Robert M

Last one I sold went for 10K
We installed a new print head and maint
station.
New 1614's are now 19k list, 1304 are now 14K list
Make sure you see a print come off the machine before you buy and pick it up. I had a customer today who bought a JV3 and it showed up needing new heads.

k6media

$5500 seems fair if its in good working order. Just make sure it doesn't need a lot of work. You may just want to consider financing a machine instead? We just bought a new 1614 and you are looking at about $450/month

Think of the benefits of a new machine vs. the old:

1) It's new.. you don't have to worry about who was using it before and how well they maintained it.

2) It has a warranty.

3) Financed the cost of the machine is like that of a car payment...

4) $5500 up front... or $450 a month which if you take that $5500 is one full year of payments covered and stretched out. In that time the printer will be making you money....

Think about it =)

FatCat

I've seen people on here saying they've seen them for around 5,500.

I think you're referring to a thread where someone found "one" from a repo company for about $5500. I commented on that thread and said it was likely that it would need a new head, maintenance station, etc. to get it up and running so figure on another $2500-$3500 for parts plus labor.

I would think a used 1604 in good clean condition showing a good test pattern is worth every bit of $10k-$12K. If you can find me one in good shape for $5500 I'll buy it tomorrow!!!

Stealth Ryder

A friend just picked up a 1304, 1614 and a 64" Graphtek Cutter from a Lease Company for 10K... I checked all 3 out and everything was in good working condition...