• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh 1608 ink conversion mubio to MP

Esdale

I am thinking of converting my 1608 from Mubio inks to the new MP series is there anyone that could give me some there experience in this. I have had my 1608 for about 2.5 years and in that time have had many problems that I would say were caused by the Mubio ink. I have changed 3 heads and capping stations and now need to do it again. So before I dump any more money into this printer I am looking at the MP ink conversion. The number one question would be does the new MP ink dry in the head nozzles and capping station.

If there is anyone with any information about this conversion please speak out.

Thank you

:help

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
I have personally been involved in three conversions so far and have a total of 5 1608 and 1608HS in the field with this ink. I will say that the new MP ink will significantly reduce any issues caused with nozzles drying up and the maintenance station getting clogged. The feedback that we have gotten from the three conversions has been good. This ink switch over is not something that an end user can do, it requires changing almost everything that is in the printer that the ink has touched and will take about 6 to 7 hours for an experienced tech to do. Some of the things that are changed are the Sub Tanks, all ink lines, the cap assembly, the pump, the print head, the dampers. I would definitely recommend that you do the switch over since you have a problem with the head.