• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh 1608H and Epson Printheads

neilchristie

I have a VJ-1608H with a blown print head. I did some research and bought an Epson F188000 Print head. (Used on the Epson Pro GS6000).
When installed I get a "E075 Head Cable error". But when I re-install the old unit the machine boots up fine.

I did notice that the Head Rank number on the F188000 unit is only 3 lines long and the Old Mutoh unit has five lines of numbers.

Any ideas?

Last edited:

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
The print head that is used in the Epson GS6000 is not the one that is used in the 1608H. The newer 1608HA and 1608HS use the same head as the Epson GS6000. The head that you need is Mutoh's Part # DF-49684.

neilchristie

Thanks Chris,
I'll take note of that. I didn't know the VJ1608H and HA were running different heads.

I already have the Mutoh part number for that print head.

But, I also have access to genuine Epson print heads for a quarter the costs. That's why I was exploring that side of it. Is there some reference material out there for me to find what Epson print head # the Mutoh 1608H uses?

Cheers

mmfahmi

would be very interesting if anyone found out the epson part number...we could all save a fortune that way. any idea which epson part number the head of the vj 1614 is??

inkmed

Not all Mutoh printers can use Epson printer head.
I can sure Mutoh VJ1204 and VJ1604 can use Epson head,
and sure VJ1614 can not use Epson head, they have to use original Mutoh head.
Not sure if 1608 can use Epson head or not.

Adam Yang from Inkmed