• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh 1608HS brand new and missing nozzels

SignTeam.us

I have missing nozzels on the black since the day of the installation and they are getting worse on the black and Mutoh said that a 5% of missing nozzels is ok in a brand new machine.

Have you ever heard this before? my prints on the dark colors has banding even at high quality.

Thanks,

FatCat

Man, I can hardly believe Mutoh would say that - are you sure this wasn't said by your tech or the company you bought it from? How long ago was this machine installed, and di you buy it new?

I can honestly say if I bought a new printer and the manufacturer said 5% missing nozzles on a new machine was "OK" or "in spec" I would tell them to come pick it up.

SignTeam.us

This is by the company I bought it. this is my second machine The first one was a "Lemon" and they exchange for this demo unit.

SignTeam.us

The company I bought says "The reason is because the nozzel check on the Mutoh is better than any other machine and you can see any missing nozzels better." :omg::omg::omg: (I don't believe this bs) I have a Roland eco solvent for almost 4 years and never had a missing nozzel.

heyskull

I would not be happy with a new print head!
Your machine was bought new and then replaced with their demo unit, which is second hand?!!
The only thing I would be happy with is a NEW printer.
If you buy new it should work perfectly.

My 1604 is nearly 5 years old and I have only one blocked black nozzle, three on the cyan and magenta and yellow are perfect.
It has never had a printhead and only has had the capping station and wiper replaced.
I reckon I am still under their 5% missing nozzles limit for good printing!

If all you can get out of them is a print head I would check the lifetimes of the machine to roughly see how much work it has done.
Also when the tech comes to replace the head I would watch intently so that you will be able to do a print head swap yourself.

SC