Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mutoh 1608HS brand new and missing nozzels

Discussion in 'Mutoh' started by SignTeam.us, Aug 22, 2012.

1. SignTeam.us

SignTeam.us Member

Feb 4, 2006
    USA, IL
    I have missing nozzels on the black since the day of the installation and they are getting worse on the black and Mutoh said that a 5% of missing nozzels is ok in a brand new machine.

Have you ever heard this before? my prints on the dark colors has banding even at high quality.

Thanks,

Tags:
  2. FatCat

FatCat Very Active Member

Feb 12, 2007
    Columbus, Ohio
    Man, I can hardly believe Mutoh would say that - are you sure this wasn't said by your tech or the company you bought it from? How long ago was this machine installed, and di you buy it new?

I can honestly say if I bought a new printer and the manufacturer said 5% missing nozzles on a new machine was "OK" or "in spec" I would tell them to come pick it up.

3. SignTeam.us

SignTeam.us Member

Feb 4, 2006
    USA, IL
    This is by the company I bought it. this is my second machine The first one was a "Lemon" and they exchange for this demo unit.

4. SignTeam.us

SignTeam.us Member

Feb 4, 2006
    USA, IL
    The company I bought says "The reason is because the nozzel check on the Mutoh is better than any other machine and you can see any missing nozzels better." :omg::omg::omg: (I don't believe this bs) I have a Roland eco solvent for almost 4 years and never had a missing nozzel.

5. tomence

tomence Very Active Member

Feb 10, 2009
    IL
    Who did you buy it from? Brand new machine should act and print like brand new machine.

6. SignTeam.us

SignTeam.us Member

Feb 4, 2006
    USA, IL
    Thanks to this forum just got a phone call, they will replace the head! :smile:

"The Power of Signs101.com":U Rock:

7. heyskull

heyskull Very Active Member

Sep 2, 2007
    UK
    I would not be happy with a new print head!
    Your machine was bought new and then replaced with their demo unit, which is second hand?!!
    The only thing I would be happy with is a NEW printer.
    If you buy new it should work perfectly.

My 1604 is nearly 5 years old and I have only one blocked black nozzle, three on the cyan and magenta and yellow are perfect.
    It has never had a printhead and only has had the capping station and wiper replaced.
    I reckon I am still under their 5% missing nozzles limit for good printing!

If all you can get out of them is a print head I would check the lifetimes of the machine to roughly see how much work it has done.
    Also when the tech comes to replace the head I would watch intently so that you will be able to do a print head swap yourself.

SC