• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh 1614 - 2nd spittoon off?

GrantX01

I have a mutoh 1614 and its has firmware (ver. m/c: 2.00/1.19) and I think that enabled the machine to spit in the second spittoon. Now I would not have a problem with that but it has add a lot more time to my printing. I am wondering if I can turn it off, go back to and older firmware or what the case may be?

guitarguy69

I believe the machine has an option to;
spit-origin.

I will look at ours as that does add lots of time. The menu is in the setup area, go into it and look for spitting.

henryp

Try setting your rip to print Data or Media Width only, not Machine Width, if your it supports that. If not, you can also set the carriage travel on the printer menu setup to this setting. Do this so that the carriage does not have to go to the far left end of the printer.

GrantX01

Both of those sound like great ideas. I am using onyx 11 and I have no idea how to set that in the rip and not real sure how to set the distance on the machine. I am going to look into both but if you tell me how that would be great.

henryp

You can change this in Onyx on a job by job basis or make the setting permanent.

If you want to do it on a per job basis, after the file had been ripped, select the job, once highlighted, right click on it then select edit, select printer setting then click on it. On the window that pops up, tick Scan Width then select Data Width.

To make the change permanent, click Configure Printer, select Media, select Mode Options and make the appropriate changes here. The selections made here become permanent so be careful, I suggest you take a screen shot of this before you make any changes.