• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

mutoh 1614 clogged head

dortonracing

I have a mutoh 1614 CMYK and it has a really bad clogged head, had to wait on a few parts for a couple of weeks and now its missing nozzle checks and print white lines and light colors, tried head soak and running cleaning cycles any more tips to try, and before it went down it was printing just fine. thanks for help

jkdbjj

I have a mutoh 1614 CMYK and it has a really bad clogged head, had to wait on a few parts for a couple of weeks and now its missing nozzle checks and print white lines and light colors, tried head soak and running cleaning cycles any more tips to try, and before it went down it was printing just fine. thanks for help
How long did you soak? What are you soaking in?

I recommend at least 12 hours of cleaning solution from one of the Mutoh clean cartidges. Just rip it open and use that stuff.

dortonracing

How long did you soak? What are you soaking in?

I recommend at least 12 hours of cleaning solution from one of the Mutoh clean cartidges. Just rip it open and use that stuff.

I was using Denatured alcohol, i have order some mutoh cleaning solution that come in bottle, is that same as the cartidges? and just let it soak in on the capping station or should i pull the print head off and let it soak in a bowl?

FatCat

As others have said, use the cleaning solution formulated for your inks. Fellers sells a small (pint?) bottle so that you don't really have to tear open a cleaning cart. But I would definitely continue to do head cleans and soaks. The eco ink is pretty tame and should be able to get it clean even after setting a while. That said, you want to make certain that your drain lines are clear and the pump is actually pulling ink through the head.

jkdbjj

The technique is to pinch the two drain tubes with black paper clamps underneath the maintenance station. Then put a cap full of the liquid in the head rest or however much it takes to fill the resting station. Lower the head into that, and leave sit for at least 8 hours.

The machine is turned off during that btw. As soon as that is done, run two strong cleans, and if the heads are fixable that should do it.

Run some test prints, and don't freak out if the quality is sketchy, let it run for a bit, and see if it improves. Let us know what happens.

dortonracing

ok got the cleaning solution yesterday and let it head soak all night, did few cleanings today and is printing much better, did few nozzle checks and only missing a couple nozzle through out the whole thing. Only thing i have notice is i am getting a little bit of over spray from the black.

jkdbjj

ok got the cleaning solution yesterday and let it head soak all night, did few cleanings today and is printing much better, did few nozzle checks and only missing a couple nozzle through out the whole thing. Only thing i have notice is i am getting a little bit of over spray from the black.
What I have learned about that machine, is after a day or two more, that overspray might just disappear. It seems to need some settling after doing those cleans.
I really hope that it gets better, those heads are pricey for a small shop, if that is indeed your situation. They are also a pain to change out and recalibrate.

premiercolour

Merchant Member
Before you changed out the print head, use our cleaning solvent. It is formulated for mutoh, mimaki and roland eco solvent ink. A guy who's got a hp9000 all six print heads clogged. By using this solvent, soaked, flushed, he opened up all six in 20 days of flishing period. Not very expensive but the right product.
http://www.yessolvent.com/premium-eco-solvent-liter-cleaning-solution/

Another one you may look at. Maybe it is the manifold of the print head.
http://www.yessolvent.com/solvent-print-head-manifold-for-mutoh-valuejet/

RockShebbich

Question regarding clean technique

The technique is to pinch the two drain tubes with black paper clamps underneath the maintenance station. Then put a cap full of the liquid in the head rest or however much it takes to fill the resting station. Lower the head into that, and leave sit for at least 8 hours.

The machine is turned off during that btw. As soon as that is done, run two strong cleans, and if the heads are fixable that should do it.

Run some test prints, and don't freak out if the quality is sketchy, let it run for a bit, and see if it improves. Let us know what happens.

Dear jkdbjj, one question, how do you switch off printer for this procedure? I think the only possibility is to unplug the power wire after putting machine to maintance, correct?

guitarguy69

You can also go into CR mode and fill the cap up and walk the head back over to the capping station. Then leave the printer cover open and the fluid remains in the cap. Then in the morning close the covers and run a cleaning.

With this procedure, I keep the power on.