• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh 1614 CYAN misting

ivofotev

work hard
Hi! After a short break after surgery I returned to my daily printing business.The printer hasn't been used for a while, but switched on almost every day. I found out that the CYAN was causing some misting on the prints. I had similar problems with the magenta in the past and thought it was static or just the material or profile. The misting become bad withing 2-3 days. After inspection I found out that the MS had a broken pipe and all bellow it was a MESS with ink splattered all over. Yesterday I received a new MS ( china one ) , did a couple of cleanings , but the nozzle check become worse. Maybe it's a matter in installation or just the the china MS doesn't contacts the head properly. This I will figure out later. The problem is that the CYAN doesn't show anything wrong on the normal nozzle check, but on the SERVICE menu NOZZLE CHECK the 2 of the patches are awful. My asking is : Do You think the head is at the end of it's life, or I can try something to unclog or recover those channel. Here is a photo of the check :
attachment.php
attachment.php

Thanks a lot in advance !
Regards, IVO

Attachments

• 2016-02-18 13.27.50.jpg
    2016-02-18 13.27.50.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 170
  • 2016-02-18 13.28.19.jpg
    2016-02-18 13.28.19.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 161

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
It's most likely the head. When the nozzle check prints fine but other prints don't, it is because the nozzle check uses the largest dot size where as other prints use variable dot sizes. The large dots are the easiest for the print head to print but when it tries to print smaller dots, the head defects start to show up.