• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh 1614 E067 PF Encoder error

pjfmeister

I have a Mutoh 1614 that I had a pretty bad media jam....
Now I am getting an E067 PF Encoder error. I have verified that the PF Encoder is reading fine
But still cannot get the printer to get past the initialization without the PF error

I am guessing it is either the PF motor or the Fuse for the PF motor on the main board.....

Anybody able to point me in the right direction to identify the correct fuse and how to test it...?

Or any other suggestions on what the problem could be.

JDcolor

This error always coursed be Y motor.
You can try replace this motor.
As I know this motor is not expensive.

Jack

pjfmeister

I am going to order the motor today and keep my fingers crossed that its not the main board...

I'll post an update as soon as I am backup and running

pjfmeister

Well I replaced the PF motor and still no go.Still getting the E067 PF Encoder error. I guess the next step is to replace the main board? Anybody have any input or ideas before I go to this next step?

thanks!

guitarguy69

Power down
Take the head to the left side manually
Start machine

Does the head make it all the way "home" before sending the error code?

pjfmeister

No it throws the error right at the beginning of the initialization... So no the print head doesn't make it back...It just starts up and starts to initialize and then throws the e067 PF encoder error

guitarguy69

If the head was at the left side and it still throws the error, chances are it's pointing to the board.
I was hoping it would make it to a certain area on the T-Fence and throw the error then.
Does the head move freely when released from the maintenance station?

Good luck, keep us updated.

pjfmeister

Mutoh Firmware and Parameters

Alright I got it all back up and running with a new PF motor (probably not needed) and a new mainboard. The mainboard installation and reinstalling all the new Firmware/Parameters etc was a little tricky since its not something I do on a daily basis...

Attached is a quick manual I made of the steps and instructions I made up as I went....I am sure somebody can find issues with this or maybe steps I forgot to write down but all in all I think this will be helpful if I ever have to do this again or for anybody else with questions...

Attachments

• Mutoh Replace mainboard.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 518

clemento

None or less
I know its an old post but anyway, does anyone know what to fix on board if getting e067 pf encoder error. Got me same problem with vj1204. Got me a technician who didnt have a clue what is wrong, so he suggested that all is pointing to bad main board.

floater302

check the carriage lock and see if it moves up and down freely, if alot of old ink build up on it that will throw the error