• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh 1614 firmware downgrade

ernest1918

Does anyone know how to downgrade the firmware to 1.00 version(it's currently running with 1.09)? I tried to follow the instructions on Mutoh website. But it keeps showing me error message. I called Mutoh they said you can only upgrade not downgrade. But I'm pretty sure there is a way to downgrade it. Because I have done it with another 1614 and it works fine.

ernest1918

I'm using 3rd party ink. I write smart cards with a card reader. My Mutoh 1614(1.08 firmware) doesn't read the cards sometimes. I have the other 2 Mutoh 1614(1.00 firmware). They don't have problems with the smart cards

henryp

I'm using 3rd party ink. I write smart cards with a card reader. My Mutoh 1614(1.08 firmware) doesn't read the cards sometimes. I have the other 2 Mutoh 1614(1.00 firmware). They don't have problems with the smart cards

I thought so!

CheapVehicleWrap

It may not read the card because you using a serial number of a card you've already used. That is of course if you've mounted it exactly where it was.

nearen

Hi,

I have Xerox 8264E Wide Format Printer which is exactly the same as Mutoh ValueJet 1614.
The only difference between these printers is the firmware that’s in the mainboard (current version is 2.02).
I’m sure the difference is only in some EPROM (or similar), since Xerox is only branding this printer, not manufacturing it.
Lately I have problems supplying ink for my printer since Xerox is not so present on the market here.
I need to change the firmware of the mainboard from Xerox to Mutoh so I could use Mutoh cartridges, they are much more available and of course much more cheaper.
Been struggling for a while to install some bulk ink system because Xerox representative is irresponsible regarding my needs which is the main reason I want to do this change.

Please, if you have any solution to my problem I would be much grateful.

Kind Regards,

Zoran

AdamG

Downgrade firmware?!

Does anyone know how to downgrade the firmware to 1.00 version(it's currently running with 1.09)? I tried to follow the instructions on Mutoh website. But it keeps showing me error message. I called Mutoh they said you can only upgrade not downgrade. But I'm pretty sure there is a way to downgrade it. Because I have done it with another 1614 and it works fine.

Hi Ernest, how did you do it with another 1614?
which program did you use?
is downgrade procedure the same and applicable to all different models or is it specific for each diff model?
I have vj1304!
Anyone with any luck/info as to how to downgrade mutoh printer firmware? pls let me know a.s.a.p

the hard way I could only think of

1. removing icc bios chip off main board
2. use eeprom device to install specific desired firmware on new icc bios chip
3. solder new programed icc bios chip onto main board

NB.have only actually seen this being done on laptop mother board

would this work...anyone?