• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Mutoh 1624 banding when media advances

Hummer69

My Mutoh started to band when the media advances. It either moving ahead or slipping. To me it looks like it's advancing because it's leaving a white space. Is a software or hardware problem. It even does it when I let out a bunch of slack. I attached a picture of the problem.
Thank you for any help and suggestions.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Take the left side cover off and it will expose the encoder disc. It's a clear plastic disc that is straddled by a sensor. If that disc gets dirty, the sensor will skip that area of the disc and cause the media to skip forward like that. The printer doesn't know so it continues printing like normal which is why it leaves spaces like that. You can clean it with 90% alcohol and air dust the sensor as well. If that doesn't do the trick, replace them.

Hummer69

Take the left side cover off and it will expose the encoder disc. It's a clear plastic disc that is straddled by a sensor. If that disc gets dirty, the sensor will skip that area of the disc and cause the media to skip forward like that. The printer doesn't know so it continues printing like normal which is why it leaves spaces like that. You can clean it with 90% alcohol and air dust the sensor as well. If that doesn't do the trick, replace them.
Cool, I'll check it out. I looked at and it looked clean but it's an old printer with lots of miles. Thank you.