Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help Mutoh 1624 Creating weird color bands

Discussion in 'Mutoh' started by Roy Wraps, Aug 17, 2019.

1. Roy Wraps

Roy Wraps New Member

Oct 7, 2015
    IL
    Mutoh 1624x is all of a sudden leaving weird colored streaks through the print. Very intermittent...
    was leaving a ton of them about every 6-20 " I "restored" my pc and it now only does it every once in a while... using flexi subscription service... thoughts or ideas??? PLEASE HELP!!!
    streak 2.jpg streak3.jpg streaks.jpg streak3.jpg streaks.jpg

Tags:
  2. Evan Gillette

Evan Gillette Member

Dec 5, 2018
    MN
    Any recent changes or maintenance done on or near the print head? Hopefully its just a software thing that some resetting can resolve. Mutoh has the manuals on their webpage now I believe and that make be covered in some of the troubleshooting section but not sure.

3. Solventinkjet

Solventinkjet Printer Fixers

Aug 2, 2011
    Denver, CO
    That's an electrical short in the print head circuit. Check your head cables for ink splatter, corrosion and/or any other damage. If you fins any that is most likely the issue. In most cases I just change the cable to rule it out as it is usually the problem. Other than that it could be the trailing cables, main board and sometimes the CR board being fried.

4. heyskull

heyskull Very Active Member

Sep 2, 2007
    UK
    Either a dying head or cabling or an encoder issue.
    If it appears in the same position all the time, it's an encoder issue.

SC