• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Mutoh 1624 Creating weird color bands

Roy Wraps

Mutoh 1624x is all of a sudden leaving weird colored streaks through the print. Very intermittent...
was leaving a ton of them about every 6-20 " I "restored" my pc and it now only does it every once in a while... using flexi subscription service... thoughts or ideas??? PLEASE HELP!!!
streak 2.jpg
streak3.jpg
streaks.jpg
streak3.jpg
streaks.jpg

Evan Gillette

Any recent changes or maintenance done on or near the print head? Hopefully its just a software thing that some resetting can resolve. Mutoh has the manuals on their webpage now I believe and that make be covered in some of the troubleshooting section but not sure.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
That's an electrical short in the print head circuit. Check your head cables for ink splatter, corrosion and/or any other damage. If you fins any that is most likely the issue. In most cases I just change the cable to rule it out as it is usually the problem. Other than that it could be the trailing cables, main board and sometimes the CR board being fried.

heyskull

Either a dying head or cabling or an encoder issue.
If it appears in the same position all the time, it's an encoder issue.

SC