• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Mutoh 1624 Flexi Cloud 19

lbpalm

I am at my wits' end!
Printing on a fresh roll of Oracal 3651G, same as always.
- Nozzle check is OK
- Spit pads are new
- Wiper blade has been OK (do they fail catastrophically all at once??)

But for some reason, pls take a look at the pics!!

Thanks in advance to any and all Signs101 pros for taking a look!
Any suggestions, help etc. greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_8751[1].JPG
    IMG_8751[1].JPG
    1 MB · Views: 212
  • IMG_8750[1].JPG
    IMG_8750[1].JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 160
  • IMG_8749[1].JPG
    IMG_8749[1].JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 159
  • IMG_8748[1].JPG
    IMG_8748[1].JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 160

Saturn

Aging Member
The white areas certainly make it look like a substrate issue, but it also looks like you're putting down too much black? Are your profile and passes the same as they were in the past? File hasn't changed?

Looks like a lot of ink in general, and if it's doing something goofy where it's gone from 180% ink for the black, to 380% it could certainly be causing that streaking as well.

Pretty sure I've seen similar images posted on here, so I hope someone with the same issue in the past will chime in! Make sure to try a different vinyl and file just to check those off the list too.

lbpalm

The white areas certainly make it look like a substrate issue, but it also looks like you're putting down too much black? Are your profile and passes the same as they were in the past? File hasn't changed?

Looks like a lot of ink in general, and if it's doing something goofy where it's gone from 180% ink for the black, to 380% it could certainly be causing that streaking as well.

Pretty sure I've seen similar images posted on here, so I hope someone with the same issue in the past will chime in! Make sure to try a different vinyl and file just to check those off the list too.

Yes, agreed bout the ink coverage.
However, same file was fine on different media, then the $hit hit the fan with fresh roll of 3651.
BTW, that is Oracal's standard 3651 ICC.

I have also noticed a few complaints about Mutoh's reformulated ink but I think we are still on the old bags.
- Can't wait to jump down that rabbit hole...

Also contacted my vendor to see if any other reports of probs with the media batch but they said ""no"" ((who knows))
In any event, I am gonna install new dampers, flush the lines & see where we go from here.
- I did try another roll of media & got similar but not same results, so if I still have problems after the clean up I will definitely take a harder look at the media.
Many thanks for your reply Saturn!

BTW, I believe the ink streaking was cause by drooling from the little fin-like teeth on the guard (adjacent to the print-head surface).
- Found & cleaned up that that when I did a head soak.

Now about that head alignment....
...NEXT POST!!!