Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MUTOH 1624 - The K and Y ink got into dump overnight

Discussion in 'Mutoh' started by nemesis2180, Jul 29, 2019.

1. nemesis2180

nemesis2180 New Member

Feb 15, 2016
    Brno
    Hey guys,

I'm asking someone for help, with this strange issue. I went to my office in a morning, started machine and see ''Subtank refill'' on display. Opened up doors on mutoh and see, under the capping station, the mug full of ink (I'm using mug for dump ink, under the capping station for years). Machine says the K and Y ink are in the end. I have small amount of ink in this 2 cartridges, in the end of week, but it used to be around 10% of K and Y. Now, it's says INK END.

I'm using this machine for 5 years and never had this problem.

Can someone help me?

Thx in advance

2. JDC

JDC New Member

Sep 22, 2013
    work
    Are you using OEM inks? Ive had some issues with the no name brands....

3. MagnetStew

MagnetStew Member

Mar 8, 2012
    North Carolina
    Probably your maintenance station. When was the last time it was replaced?

4. nemesis2180

nemesis2180 New Member

Feb 15, 2016
    Brno
    Hey guys,

thx for reply. I did many researches and i think that was siphon effect. I left cleaning fluid in cap top and this might cause this ink loss. The pipes were not connected to waste tank. They were freely hanging in to mug of waste ink.

5. premiercolour

premiercolour A Mutoh, Mimaki dealer for sales and services

It is interesting without enough information people would think it is the ink. It has nothing to do with the ink.

Siphon effect. Thumbs up.

• Like Like x 1