• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh 1624I / Magenta Bleeding on both Edges of Vinyl while Printing

careffex

Hi there,
I have a older Mutoh 1624. While printing my last job, I had to cancel due to the fact that the Magenta ink was just "bleeding" or Leaking, all over the edges of the vinyl. It wasn't just alittle either, it was basically a small puddle on either side right now the guards. I recently had work done on the machine because the maintenance station wasn't working properly and lost all black in printing, I then changed the damper on the black, but I did nothing to the magenta side. Any thoughts?

THANKS!

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Usually when ink drops out of the head like that the damper is bad. If the magenta one wasn't changed along with the black one, I would just change all of them. Dampers are maintenance items and should be changed on a regular schedule. The older they are, the more problems you have.

careffex

Usually when ink drops out of the head like that the damper is bad. If the magenta one wasn't changed along with the black one, I would just change all of them. Dampers are maintenance items and should be changed on a regular schedule. The older they are, the more problems you have.
Thank you, Will definitely give that a try.

careffex

I changed the rest of the dampers like you suggested, however after several cleans and nozzle checks, I've lost all ink but the black now. Any thoughts?

Thanks

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Did you change the maintenance station during this time or recently? If not, I would start there. It sounds like it may not be pulling ink down like it should.

careffex

Did you change the maintenance station during this time or recently? If not, I would start there. It sounds like it may not be pulling ink down like it should.
I actually hard the maintenance station replaced a month ago, I had a service company come out and change that. That was my initial thought, but wasn't sure considering it was just replaced.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I would check it out to make sure it's working properly. Open the maintenance cover and take the metal plate off that covers the bottom of the maintenance station and watch it when it runs a cleaning cycle. You should see ink coming down the tubes. If no ink comes down during the cycle, something is up with the station.