• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh 1624x cyan nozzles missing after autocleanings only

kevint2005

I have exactly a one year old Mutoh 1624x printer and it's driving me crazy because I feel it's way too new to be doing this. I've noticed that only after it does an auto cleaning cycle it begins missing the middle portion of all cyan nozzles.
Usually after 20 or 30 cleanings I can get them all to come back like it's brand new again. Literally did this 2 weeks ago, finally got it back to 100% perfect nozzle check again, prints great all week long and then bam, just a second ago it does an auto cleaning before a small print i was about to and missing half my cyan nozzles again. All other channels are perfect. Any ideas on what may be causing this?
I'm not running OEM ink, i'm using the EnduraInk from signwarehouse that they claim is identical to oem.

Umca

The problem is ink filters in Cyan channels are clogged. So, ink flow not enough for fill all nozzles.
What cartridges do you use? It is very often for open refillable cartridges. Because Cyan pigment chemistry not so stable and broken when contact to oxygen in the air.

kevint2005

They are the 440ml EnduraInk cartridges, not refillable or anything. May need to switch back to OEM asap if this is the case. After multiple cleanings all nozzles came back once again last night and test print looks brand new. Just annoying. Seems like it's something to do with the "short" auto cleanings it does. I can literally do however many "normal" cleanings I want and it never does this.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
It sounds like your maintenance station is not working properly. It should never take more than a couple cleanings to recover nozzles. Did you replace the station or at least the cap top, wiper and dampers after the first year? It's part of the regular maintenance.

kevint2005

Thank you! I just spoke with a Mutoh technician today and he advised me to go to Carriage Maintenance function on the printer, pour some solvent in the cap top and press the down arrow to clean out the pump. He feels it may be the pump causing the issue.
Solventinkjet, i'm with you, i think it may have a slight air leak or head/cap top alignment issue or something because sometimes during cleanings it sounds a little different than others, and that difference reminds me of a slight air leak type sound. The printer will be a year old at the end of Novemeber 2020 so I haven't done any yearly maintenance to it just yet.

The printer worked great the last week and a half with me being cautious and doing normal cleanings every day before printing, but i slipped up yesterday and printed some long runs of material and the printer caught me and did an auto cleaning on its own and sure freaking enough the cyan nozzles went out again on me. I literally did 6 or 7 long cleanings got frustrated, went to bed and woke up this morning did a few more cleanings and nothing different with it. I popped the cover off, hooked up 2 syringes underneath the cap top and pulled some air through, i didn't get any ink at all but after hooking the tubes back up i did a cleaning and then all nozzles are 100% yet again.

CalverleyDesign

President - The Calverley Group
I just went through the same thing for 3 weeks with SignWarehouse. Guys put me off and became “Parts Changers” instead of technicians - then over $4500 later - after new “Overpriced head from SW, the “Quess” - it was a Subtank Silinoid, then the Cyan Subtank - it came down to “dampers for the Cyan”.

Since you and I were having the same issues with Cyan - that makes me think they have had maybe some sediment in their Endura Inks....

send me your info if your still having issues...
Trace@NorthStarSignsandGraphics.com

CalverleyDesign

President - The Calverley Group
Thank you! I just spoke with a Mutoh technician today and he advised me to go to Carriage Maintenance function on the printer, pour some solvent in the cap top and press the down arrow to clean out the pump. He feels it may be the pump causing the issue.
Solventinkjet, i'm with you, i think it may have a slight air leak or head/cap top alignment issue or something because sometimes during cleanings it sounds a little different than others, and that difference reminds me of a slight air leak type sound. The printer will be a year old at the end of Novemeber 2020 so I haven't done any yearly maintenance to it just yet.

The printer worked great the last week and a half with me being cautious and doing normal cleanings every day before printing, but i slipped up yesterday and printed some long runs of material and the printer caught me and did an auto cleaning on its own and sure freaking enough the cyan nozzles went out again on me. I literally did 6 or 7 long cleanings got frustrated, went to bed and woke up this morning did a few more cleanings and nothing different with it. I popped the cover off, hooked up 2 syringes underneath the cap top and pulled some air through, i didn't get any ink at all but after hooking the tubes back up i did a cleaning and then all nozzles are 100% yet again.
Kevin - Would you call me about this Mutoh Issue - 214.726.5787