• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh 1624X MS31 Ink

psbc2009

Currently running (2) Mutoh 1624x printers. Neither printer has had any issues until we were pushed to the newer MS31 inks.
Since running the MS31 ink we have had missing nozzles on the black only. All other colors are fine. This is on both printers.
At this point I think the 31 ink may be causing the problem? We have only run OEM ink in all of our Mutoh printers for the last 12 plus years. Afraid to replace heads and run the MS31 ink and actually considering 3rd party ink. Has anyone had any similar problems?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
The newer MS31 inks dry faster so it can dry faster in the maintenance parts as well. They came out with a modification to the waste tubes to prevent the clogging and you can flush cleaning solution through once in a while to prevent it as well. At the end of the day I've had many customers switch to aftermarket because it's closer to the original Mutoh formula.