• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh 1627MH anyone with experience?

ThePrinter

Does anyone have any experience with Mutoh 1627MH? It has the multi-purpose ink. So in theory you can print hard substrates and then switch and print out a wrap.

Christian @ 2CT Media

Does anyone have any experience with Mutoh 1627MH? It has the multi-purpose ink. So in theory you can print hard substrates and then switch and print out a wrap.
They have advertised this for years in every iteration, the bio ink is expensive but the machine seems capable and faster than Roland.

jcskikus

Owner, Designer & Installer
I use the older version, the VJ1617H. Since the change from the MP-11 to the MP-31 inks, I love it. I have a unit at my one job and a second at home where I do a ton of coroplast and partial wraps. Changing from hard to rigid substrates is easy and the ink is nearly the cost of the MP21 inks that the VJ1638X uses. Basically the 1627MH is a streamlined version of the 1617H and uses a newer printhead and is quicker.