• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Mutoh 1628x printer

floater302

I'm having a e152 cr base fuse error, is this a fuse on the board I can change or do I have to replace the cr board completly? so I have a update, I replace both fuses on the main board and still same E152 crr base fuse error

Last edited:

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Check the fuses on the CR board with a voltmeter set to continuity. Most fuses on that model are user replaceable actually so you shouldn't need to solder. I know the fuse for the head circuit on the CR board is a 750mA fuse but this error is specifically referring to the fuse that protects the colorimeter and I'm not sure if they are on the same fuse or not.

floater302

Check the fuses on the CR board with a voltmeter set to continuity. Most fuses on that model are user replaceable actually so you shouldn't need to solder. I know the fuse for the head circuit on the CR board is a 750mA fuse but this error is specifically referring to the fuse that protects the colorimeter and I'm not sure if they are on the same fuse or not.
The boards has 2 fuses and I replaced them both and still having same issue. if its the board doesn anyone know the cost on these boards to replace?

floater302

Forgot to mention that one of the 2 fuses was blown, but same error once I put a new fuse in.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
The boards has 2 fuses and I replaced them both and still having same issue. if its the board doesn anyone know the cost on these boards to replace?

It's $198 and I can get it for you but I don't stock them. The only issue is that what is blowing the fuse could just blow the fuse on the new one as well. I would check all the cables and look for any damage/burn marks. Replace them if needed. Feel free to call if you want to order it.

floater302

It's $198 and I can get it for you but I don't stock them. The only issue is that what is blowing the fuse could just blow the fuse on the new one as well. I would check all the cables and look for any damage/burn marks. Replace them if needed. Feel free to call if you want to order it.
All the new fuses are good, it didn't blow them again but still has error message, is there any hard wired fuses on this board do you know?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
All the new fuses are good, it didn't blow them again but still has error message, is there any hard wired fuses on this board do you know?

No hard wired fuses that I know of. Most of the newer models have all user replaceable fuses these days.

floater302

Don't think you can go back on firmware once you update it to the newest one, but I think its the main board, so I ordered a new one, comes a point where you just say screw trying to figure what it is and just get a whole new piece..lol

jbennett

I know this is an old post, but I am having the same issue and would really benefit from knowing what the final fix for the 152 error was in this case. I have tried new CR board and still get the same error. It just started doing this out of the blue. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Udesignz

Hello, did u guys found out what the problem was... I'm having the same issue... change both fuse and it the same issue. I'm currently running 1324 mutoh

floater302

Hello, did u guys found out what the problem was... I'm having the same issue... change both fuse and it the same issue. I'm currently running 1324 mutoh
I ordered the new board that sites on top of the printhead carriage and it fixed my issue, now i just need to find a printhead since all my 1204's are going down fast