• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh 1638X bad quality

Matt39

Hello,

Last week I started with new company and I have some problem with my Mutah VJ 1638X.
In the last company I worked with the same printer so Im sure that quality need to be so much better.

I tried with all type of media and its the same. Print test is perfect, printer is clean, head is low. also I did a calibration and everything is perfect. I tried all output profiles, diferent artworks and its the same problem. Ink is original. head alignment is perfect.

I put some pictures from Flexi signs.

I dont know what else I can try to get this perfect.

thank you for any sugestion.

Matt
f70f6da1ef96792fb18905b54d406341.jpg
1bc00fa40e3aabf2dd56a994bb0897fd.jpg
2c6d5383568b3ec7b634dda92d566352.jpg
51b15cfe2aaa8b3ae96c1d1a18bb351d.jpg
e415974693143b680e207d860ff07ded.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
It looks like in the printer settings you have overridden the motor speed and made it go faster. That will change the quality of the print for sure. Usually you want to use the default that the profile is setup for since that's the speed it was made at.

Also, a lot of the time you will get that grainy look when the print feed adjustment isn't perfectly spot on. If you haven't checked that, I would start there.

It looks like you have custom profiles or just ones I have never seen before. Go to profiles.saicloud.com and download one of the profiles for that machine from there. Try it out and see if it looks better.

If the room environment is not within spec, it could be causing the head to not fire properly also. Heat and humidity affect how the ink leaves the head.

Last edited:

Matt39

It looks like in the printer settings you have overridden the motor speed and made it go faster. That will change the quality of the print for sure. Usually you want to use the default that the profile is setup for since that's the speed it was made at.

Also, a lot of the time you will get that grainy look when the print feed adjustment isn't perfectly spot on. If you haven't checked that, I would start there.

It looks like you have custom profiles or just ones I have never seen before. Go to profiles.saicloud.com and download one of the profiles for that machine from there. Try it out and see if it looks better.

If the room environment is not within spec, it could be causing the head to not fire properly also. Heat and humidity affect how the ink leaves the head.
thank you for your answer.
adjustment is perfect, i check all profiles for mutoh and the same. here is a list of all my profiles but i dont think so that is problem with profile becouse its the same in every profile.
0a0afdddc3d397f62736bd6766b5b241.jpg
0e18c4d0cbbdc5eed419ed76d14959cf.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk