• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh 2638

ucs

Hello everyone,

I am looking at purchasing a Mutoh 2638, might anyone use this machine?
If so, what are your thoughts about it? would you buy another one or would you consider any other machines?

any help and advice would be much appreciated...

Thank You

CJ-NYC

Me too.

I'm also considering this model Mutoh -- anyone else have one who can share some opinions on the machine? I'm also considering a Roland 1045, which is comparable and noticed that it's about 350 pounds heavier! Anyone with experience with either printer have any opinions to share?

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
The ValueJet 2638 is a great printer. We had a unit at the USSC show back in December and brought it back to our office to test it before finally installing it about two weeks ago. The printer is incredibly fast and has great print quality. It uses two of the latest Epson print head and they are offset from each other allowing for the improved speeds. You can use 220ml, 440ml cartridges or 1 Litter Bags with the printer. The 1 Litter bags save you a ton on ink costs. In it's fastest mode it prints 1,168 SFPH, see linked video below.

Give us a call or send me a PM and I can get you any information you need or arrange a demo at our customer's location.

GRS VJ-2638 Speed Video

About Graphic Resource Systems LLC (GRS) located in Wharton, NJ Est. 1996 – We are Mutoh America’s largest equipment reseller on East Coast and exclusive partner of Flora UV Printers. We provide complete system integration, profile and color management, loaner equipment, training and equipment service. We also offer a full line of graphic materials, laminators and cutting systems. At GRS we pride ourselves on meeting and exceeding all of our clients business needs and printing requirements.

KevSign

I'm also considering this model Mutoh -- anyone else have one who can share some opinions on the machine? I'm also considering a Roland 1045, which is comparable and noticed that it's about 350 pounds heavier! Anyone with experience with either printer have any opinions to share?

I am not a fan of Mutoh, but Mutoh is newer print head (2 DX6) better than Roland 1045 (6 Dx4), We use to had Mutoh 1624 and hate it, always print feed problem skew to right. We exchange with used Roland 1045 backup my Latex L28500 and print cheap banner market in Socal.

Dave Philipps

Mutoh 2638 104"

At the SGIA show in Las Vegas in October the Mutoh 1638 and 2638 both one best in class for the printers in their fields. The 1638 for 64” class and for up to 104” model the 2638 won.

What they looked at in this judging was the print quality, print speed and color fidelity. Mutoh beat out the HP latex, and Mimaki and Roland Ecosolvent printers. They truly are and amazing machine and through the end of March there is a $10,000.00 trade-in on any printer wider than 30”. Please send me a PM is you would like more details and we can also arrange a demonstration for you to see

858Graphics

www.858graphics.com
I am in the market to buy a Mutoh as well. I am always scared of Mutoh and go with Roland due to the reliability. However, it appears the 100" Roland printers havent been upgraded in years and are much slower and not as high quality as the Mutoh 2638.
Has anyone else purchased this Mutoh or have any feedback?