• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh 38 Rockhopper fuse replacement

martfarm

Hi had head fuses tested both blown F1/F2 need to find replacement ones in UK like Maplins anyone know the vaules or which fuse i can replace it with, hopefully will get it up and running thks for any help Martin

RG

Martin, glad you found the problem. I was told by Signwarehouse that you can get inexpensive fuses at RadioShack that will work. Of course, they will have to be small fuses. I read somewhere here on this forum that they might be 2 amp fuses. You might even have to get a small fuse holder and mount it above the old fuses. Be sure to unplug the power cord. Good luck.

martfarm

:clapping:Hi just to let you all know, fitted 2 amp quick blow fuse, with holders still got the old heads in didnt want to blow new ones printed, but no bk or yellow will check to see if fuses still ok and fit new heads and align them, old heads been sat in box for 1yr so probaly clogged up, had trouble with it saying undefined paper cleaned sensor and used white vinyl instead of paper seems better, done a fill the yellow doesnt seem to move so will check for leaks etc, and suck it through with syringe and go from there my need a pump will have to see thks for you help Martin

eldominico

falcon JR printhead fuses

Hi everyone, I don't want to discredit anyone with this post, on the contrary I only want to help.
Here is my fuse scenario that makes a lot of sense from a technical and logical point of view:
I have been searching the forums for printhead fuses amp rating, so far I was not able to find an exact answer, 5 Amp, 10 Amp some people even say they are 20 Amp well here is my point of view, I'm an Intelligent light (theatrical lighting) technician, the fixtures I work with have 10 times more sensors and motors than these over sized printers, this mutoh falcon is a joke electronically speaking or compared to for example a Colorspan Displaymaker XII , first of all the fuses can not be 20 Amp just because there is a "20" printed on it, use your common sense, the ribbon cables going to the print heads will catch on fire if 20Amps are applied to them, the main board where the fuses are surface mounted can not withstand 20 Amps, not even the heaters put up 20 Amps, as a reference check the fuse holders on the power board they are heavy duty and they are not holding 20 Amp fuses, I don't really now the rating and obviously mutoh does not want the end user to know the rating, the service manual contains absolutely no information on fuse ratings power loads or electronic specs, the service manual only explains how to operate the machine and how to take it apart and back, Hey it's OK! that is how authorized service stations pay their bills, any way back to the fuses, I just installed some automotive fuse holders from oreilly auto parts with 1Amp fuses (and I still think they are to high rated) the machine works fine no blown fuses or boards, guys use common scene and read about the principal of electronics if you don't want to burn your hard earned money with a super expensive tech service.
I have completely rebuilt a Mutoh Falcon JR 38 using only a service manual, this forum, parts from ebay and my 15 years in electronic experience, if any body needs help I'm here FREE OF CHARGE!:omg2:

Last edited: