• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh 62" Flacon outdoor - Magenta and Lt Cyan always Firing after Head Change

Wildpony

I installed a new head on my mutoh Falcon Outdoor. I replaced all three dampers and the o-rings. I used a syringe to pull ink into the dampers. I then printed a test pattern and got the middle result in the picture. I then realized that I had blown the head fuse in the process. Replaced the fuse and now my test pattern looks like the top one in the picture.
Basically it looks like:
Black is firing fine
Cyan is firing fine
Yellow is firing fine
Lt. Magenta is firing fine.
but,
Lt. Cyan starts printing an inch before the media and doesn't stop till the end of the material.
Magenta starts at beginning of media then doesn't stop until an inch after the media.

I have powered down, and checked that the head cables are seated properly. Both head fuses are fine. Dampers all look good.
What else could I have messed up to make the Lt. Cyan and Magenta always fire.

Thanks for any help!

Attachments

• IMG_0417.JPG
    IMG_0417.JPG
    69 KB · Views: 108

Wildpony

Head cables are fine. I even checked each connection of the one on the head I removed with my multi-meter.

Before I installed the new head, I removed the old one and put it in an ulta-sonic cleaner. I then put the old one back in the machine and fired it up and then I noticed that I did not plug the head cable back into the head board. I then fired it back up again with the cable back in place. That's probably when the fuse went.
Everything is puged in the way it should be, and both head fuses are fine.

David

MachServTech

Every case I have seen of this:
1. Ribbon Cable damage
2. Head Controller Board damage
3. Printhead damage

one or more of these three (usually one)

start troubleshooting by swapping parts to see if the problem follows.

Wildpony

Ok, so it was the left head that I replaced. (The black was only firing at about 30% and the 5 other colors were working fine).
In trying to find out what the problem is here, I put the old head in place of the right head, and it no longer prints the purple (Lt. Cyan and Magenta over everything). My nozzle check now looks normal with 5 good colors and the Magenta printing at 30%. This makes sense because it is the same head that was printing at 30% before I started.

The crazy thing is, that I was having problems with the left head, so I replaced the left head and never even touched the right head. And then the right head blows out. Go Figure!!