• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh aholic anonymous

hapycmpr

Hi
I'm James and I am a Mutoh Junkie
It started out me just being curious about large format printing
I taped several 8x11 pieces together from my inkjet printer to resemble a poster
Then it happened ... I never thought I would have the money, but then it happened
I was offered a Mutho Falcon Jr that had been idle for two years
It would need heads, capping station, dampers, lines, and above all it would need ..... Love
I should have "just said NO" but I gave in. I was weak so I gave in.
I didn't care what others might think so I put it in my living room. MY LIVING ROOM
I convinced my wife to let me put it in the living room, so now I was kind of a pusher
It started to be an obsession I was telling my friends and relatives about my "Falcon"
I would rush to work every day to make money to buy parts and then rush home to install them
Every day every weekend my thoughts were on getting my "Falcon" to fly.
Then the unthinkable happened. I was offered a second Falcon, an exact duplicate. I said yes!
Yes I could use it for parts but just think .... I could get both of them running. Both Falcons flying
I now sold my kids bedroom set (he wasn't living at home any more) and now I have a "print room".
I have found an enabler... Signs101web site. There are actually others like me
I replaced a head fuse with Radio Shack part for under $10
Artbot showed me the recipe for hombrew cleaning solution
Paco showed me how to fine tune my birds
I started getting a collection of repair manuals for Mutohs I don't own so I could upload them to others
Ink $300 Heads $600 pump $120 capping stations $100
My name is James and I am a Mutoh Junkie

CRD

James,

When you are addicted to drugs or alchol there will a goverment supported organisation somewhere that will help you to get rid of your problem with care and love.
When you are addicted to wide format printing your on your own! Dont expect any help form your goverment, your addiction is not important enough.
But as you found out 101 is the place to hang out and chill with other solvent or eco solvent junkies.
Some are in deep ****keeping their machine running, some just balance at the edge but they all love to help an other.

Let your printroom be filled with joy and happiness and the smell of some printers running.
The 38 falcons are not quick but if you start with it you can always later upgrade to..................a better one.

if there are any problem let us know.

BTW I just bought a second one too for 100 Euro.
Electronicly 100%.
With a ultra sonic cleaner and mutoh cleaner solution I managed to get life in the color head for 98%.
Have to wait what they do over the weekend and a new cleaning.
The black only one complete row of nozzles is missing which I assume will not recover.
So I put the heads from my current machine in the new one and use the old one for spares.

Paco

MrTopgun21

Hi James - I'm a Mutoh Junkie too!

HI James,

I'm a Mutoh junkie too! You aren't alone buddy. In February, I got a sweet deal on a Mutoh Falcon Outdoor 48, price was right, and it was well cared for but needed some TLC because it had sat for awhile. With the excellent help from Paco and a couple other Mutoh experts here on Signs101 I was able to perform all the operations needed to get my Falcon flying as well.

Last week I got my first order for two 42 x 60 outdoor posters and my Falcon fired up and dutifully printed those posters without a second thought. Now I'm excited about all the different media I can print on too!
I used to own a Epson 9880 aqueous printer, the color accuracy was fabulous, but being water based, we were very limited on what we could do with it.

Thank you everyone for your help, so I could bring my Falcon back to life as well. :thumb:
Steve

Dennis422

Hi guys.
I'm about to become a Mutoh junkie too.
I will be picking up an used Mutoh Falcon Outdoor 48" next week.

kind of excited that I have seen this thread because I believe that I will have many questions.

Welcome to the 101

Robert M

Gateway printer

Hapycmpr

Now that you are hooked on Jr, it is time to move up to the hard stuff. We are offering great trade in deals toward the new Value jet printers. Discreet on site installations available.