• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions Mutoh Bad Colors

Hey guys, So I am trying to find the best print profiles for my media I have been testing, and I keep getting the same dotted effect in colors. It looks like it isn't laying down enough ink or something/ the colors are faint. printing grey is terrible as well, I know grey is a hard color to print but mine looks worse than most peoples. Any advice?

Its a mutoh Valuejet 1324.

I had issues in the past with a peppery effect in the prints and this was resolved by converting my files in illustrator to RGB coloring before importing into Flexi to print.

FatCat

OK, so waayyy to many variables to nail down a simple answer, so lets start with the basics;

1. What software are you creating your artwork in for printing?
2. Are you designing in RGB or CMYK or other? If CMYK, are you using Pantone spot colors, or CMYK values?
3. What file type are you saving your print file as? (PDF, EPS, TIFF, JPEG, etc..?)
4. Is it certain colors or ALL colors that this is happening to?

5. I "assume" you are using Flexi to print?
6. What medias and profiles are you currently using? Have you tried others?
(You realize most popular medias already have profiles setup that should give you fairly decent outputs?)
I have profiles for our 1624's from 3M, General Formulations, Arlon and others...

Start answering some of that and then we might be able to help you figure something out...

Hey, Thanks for the reply! I should have laid down more info from the beginning.

I design mainly in adobe illustrator and I convert the artwork to RGB in illustrator.
I save as a PDF because I have CutContour lines
Blacks look good, Greys are terrible, and all other colors just look faint/dotted almost. I accidentally printed a file over itself and it looks pretty good, so that made me think I need to lay down more ink?
Yes I use Flexi to rip and print with
and I am trying tons of media, all are air release adhesive backed cast or calendared materials, ranging from 3M, Arlon, oracal, and prismjet.

FatCat

Go to 3M's site and download their profiles for intermediate matte and gloss as well as premium matte and gloss - those will handle most intermediate and even some wrap vinyls. We run them on many different stocks and sometimes merely tweak heat for other materials. If it doesn't print well with those profiles then you can look for other profiles and try them out.