Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mutoh Brings Service to a New Level

Discussion in 'Mutoh' started by PSG, Jan 17, 2009.

Tags:
  1. PSG

PSG Member

Mar 21, 2008
    Champaign, Illinois
    December 22nd, 2008

Beginning January 1st, 2009, Mutoh America Inc. will take service to the next level when it ships webcams with each Mutoh printer. The cameras will allow visual communication for Mutoh customers when working with their dealers to reduce idle time that can occur when diagnosing issues.

"My goal is to continue making Mutoh's service the best in the industry," said Randy Rickert, general manager of Mutoh America Inc.

Web cameras will be utilized to more efficiently determine root causes and provide targeted solutions. "Often times, maintenance, workflow, RIP, and application settings create undesirable output that visual communication can detect and resolve—reducing customer down time," said Mike Bisson, Mutoh's Customer Service Manager.

www.mutoh.com

This information provided courtesy
    www.wide-formatimaging.com

Tags:
  2. Gallant Reflex

Gallant Reflex New Member

Nov 30, 2007
    webcams??

ZOMG

you've got to be kidding

3. Carl Crabtree

Carl Crabtree Member

Sep 26, 2007
    Tennessee
    Big Brother is Watching You!

4. Mutoh actually has a service department? Since when? Next level should be answering the phone or emails. Only service I've ever gotten was from Sign Warehouse. And outstanding by the way. Just visit the Mutoh web site and try to get service. Great product, "no customer service".

5. randya

randya Very Active Member

Apr 6, 2007
    Arizona

Yes, Mutoh has a Service Department, but your first line of service is always through your dealer. Mutoh's Service Department is primarily to help dealers and service providers.

If that does not work,
    Here is contact info for Customer Service.
    http://www.mutoh.com/kb/entry/53/

If you are having difficulty with a dealer, or a response from Mutoh, you can PM me or you can contact the General Manager directly.

http://www.mutoh.com/contact/customer_opinion.html

6. QuickSignsSA

QuickSignsSA Member

Nov 22, 2008
    I have had nothing but good service from Mutoh. My dealer went under, and I work directly with Mutoh.

7. synergy_jim

synergy_jim Very Active Member

here's an idea.... ship a indentured service tech w/ every mutoh printer.

he will come complete with a tool box and a direct line cell phone that rings straight into mutoh headquarters tech dept.

8. Graphics2u

Graphics2u Very Active Member

Jan 31, 2007
    Iowa
    I don't understand posts like this. Every time I have emailed or the few occasions I have contacted Mutoh by phone I have always received a reply and an answer to my question.

9. QuickSignsSA

QuickSignsSA Member

Nov 22, 2008
    AND QUICKLY! Maybe on hold a couple minutes, but geeze...

10. WDP

WDP Member

Sep 21, 2008
    Or you can buy a Roland Pro III and not really need service to often cause the machine is ROCK solid hehehehe.

Just busting your chops PSG.
    Nothing wrong with that hey. HNY Signs 101.

11. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Member

Mar 29, 2008
    I have always recieved very good support from Mutoh and Signwarehouse Techs always ROCK!