• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh Cleaning Cartridges

Joop

Hey people, I tried searching on this topic... couldn't find anything on this subject.

Anyway, I won't be using my printer for a month or so since we are doing some construction to the shop.

I want to flush the inks out... but I have only done this once before but it was 2 years ago and I forgot all the details....I bought some cleaning carts, but need a refresher course. I could call Mutoh I guess but if there was a link anyone knows about that would be great.

Any direction or help would be great!
Thanks.

Stealth Ryder

Press Menu
Press the RIGHT arrow button
Press the DOWN arrow button until you see Headwash/Longstore
Press ENTER
Follow the directions from the printer from this point...

Joop

What if it tells me that the KCMY not original? They are Mutoh Cleaning Carts...

Stealth Ryder

Just means the machine is not reading the smart cards. Remove them and re-insert 1 by 1, waiting for the beep each time until it accepts them all... This is, providing all the cards have expired which really would be impossible under normal conditions

Joop

Just means the machine is not reading the smart cards. Remove them and re-insert 1 by 1, waiting for the beep each time until it accepts them all... This is, providing all the cards have expired which really would be impossible under normal conditions

Okay, Well when I do that, the beep happens, and the "not original" count goes from 4 to 0... but then as soon as it goes to normal all the carts come up as "not original" again. I think it may be trying to do an ink charge and not a flush? That's the only reason i can think of that it could be giving me this error.

Should i turn the machine off and on again?