• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Mutoh Cleaning cycle too often

Kitty Bexson

Hello I have a Mutoh 1324X

I've had it for 3 years, I do regular maintenance (Running the CR maintenance and with the approved cleaning chemical cleaning around the print head and wiper blade/maintenance station)

This week I put ink Mutoh Branded (220ml) in on the 9th and by today it was empty (19)- Typically an ink will last me 1 month + with regular printing but I haven't printed anything more than one wrap this week. Typically I can print 3 hood wraps on low ink but it said low ink in the morning and by evening it was empty with no printing. I am using all the same presets I normally do.

I did have my head height up, but have since lowered it and same problem - I turned off all the cleaning settings (waiting, pre-print and during print) and it's overriding the cleaning and running a clean every few hours (when normally it goes 1-2 times a day as I have it at 1440 minutes)

The only thing that has changed is I moved it from my basement into a garage in October not sure if anything has to do with that.

Please help because it's costing me like 200$ a week with no jobs running through and ink is hard to come by right now :-(

Ahmed Samy Nagada

Mutoh system doesn't allow turning off cleaning cycles. What I do since 2011 is setting it to maximum, turn the printer off after work till next day.
In the morning I run a nozzle check and every thing is fine. Just remeber to keep it on during long week ends and clean wiper, capping station, printhead side plastics at leat once a week.

Johnnie

Owner

I've had it for 3 years, I do regular maintenance (Running the CR maintenance and with the approved cleaning chemical cleaning around the print head and wiper blade/maintenance station)

This week I put ink Mutoh Branded (220ml) in on the 9th and by today it was empty (19)- Typically an ink will last me 1 month + with regular printing but I haven't printed anything more than one wrap this week. Typically I can print 3 hood wraps on low ink but it said low ink in the morning and by evening it was empty with no printing. I am using all the same presets I normally do.

I did have my head height up, but have since lowered it and same problem - I turned off all the cleaning settings (waiting, pre-print and during print) and it's overriding the cleaning and running a clean every few hours (when normally it goes 1-2 times a day as I have it at 1440 minutes)

The only thing that has changed is I moved it from my basement into a garage in October not sure if anything has to do with that.

Please help because it's costing me like 200$ a week with no jobs running through and ink is hard to come by right now :-(
I have roland printers and the same thing is going on with my machines. have come to the conclusion when roland software updated a little something was added to make it clean more often most people would get frustrated and buy new printer. I now have roland and mutoh on my no buy list. some advice you will get a lot of suggestions but probably no fix like me. it's magically shows up. good luck

RustyNZ

Is that while it is asleep or awake that you notice it cleaning every few hours? If it's asleep then you need to check the Set Timer setting in the 'Sleep Mode' menu. The other settings you mentioned are the ones for while it is awake. You could try updating firmware too, I think the latest is 3.08.