• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh Customer service comes through...finally

zapo63

We have a Mutoh Valujet 1204 printer and the Mutoh Ultima cutter using Flexi 5.02...I know Flexi should be upgraded but the boss says no!

The original Computer sold to the boss was a cheap PC with only 2 gigs of ram possible to install. The supplier cut every corner.

To the point...I kept complaining to have to wait so long using the system to compute that the boss finally bought a new computer but did not listen to me that Vista 64 bit would not be compatible with this software.
We were running xp on old setup and at least it would work after ten minutes of it trying to function.
So I installed on the new computer xp w/4gig of ram over 600 gig hard drive the same way I had reinstalled the software on the old system however when I would send the job to production manager I would get an error...port will not open. Using a Cat 5 network cable for communication between the printer and the computer I looked at the old sytem to see how the printer was setup in windows control panel and it was setup for a network port. Still after making these changes the system would not communicate with the printer...I tried a multitude of things ...no luck..except I noticed an USB port connection. after hooking the printer to the USB connection and reinstalling the Flexi software it worked but...The color settings were off real bad and had to adjust them in Production Manager. Well I thought everything was fine but began to get many error messages from the printer LED???
Mutoh said USB is not supported only in Japan???
I called SAI Flexi and their customer service sucks now that Matthew has left. I called Mutoh again and talked to Chuck but he was no help. This went on for over six months having to adjust the colors and putting up with error messages I didn't have a clue. Finally I hooked up with Randy Anderson at Mutoh. I sent a couple of emails to him and he actually called me to find out what problem I was having!!! He said there ARE NO DRIVER setup for Windows in the control panel for a printer in the printer section and walked me through to the "Network settings" in the control panel" He first asked me to confirm the ip address and submask settings on the printer which were IP 192-168-1-253 and submask was a standard 255.255.255.0
He had me enter in the control panel of windows Network Settings then scroll down to Internet Protocol then enter in the IP Address section 192.168.1.200 and sub mask 255.255.255.0 and I reconnected the Cat 5 network cable and the system communicated with the printer right away.

A long winded story but I hope it may help someone else that are or have similar problems...Randy really help me and I recommend everyone with Mutoh problems to email him at RAnderson@mutoh.com
The man knows what customer service is supposed to be like. Good Luck all.

randya

I am glad we were able to get you back in business in very short order.

Can we get an admin to move this to the Mutoh section?

Thanks.

randya

Thanks Bigdawg,

zapo63's issue was that windows tried to install a "Window's Printer" in the Control Panel/Printers for these printers and there are no Window's drivers.

The RIP's will install virtual printers, still without Window's drivers.

zapo63 was trying to set up the printer in the Control Panel/Printers and had set up a USB driver and was having all sorts of issues.

The real problem was that with the new computer still have DCHP selected in the Network card.

I had them connect directly from the PC to the Printer with a Cat 5 cross-over cable and set up the IP address on the PC.

They were printing in minutes.