• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh Cutters

BPB1210

Does any one out there use an Ultima 1400 cutter. We are trying to decide between Mutoh and Mimaki cg160fx. Anybody have any opinions about either.

Any things the mutoh does very well??? Anything they are not sutable for??

BPB1210

If it is 54" i think it would be the same.

Not much mention of it when I did a search.

Seems like the masses prefer summa. Moving from an epson 9800 to VJ 64. The vendor is trying to get us to buy a cutter along with it. Wanting to cut decals for window and floor graphics as a primary use.

Pro Image

My 14000 is only a 48in...........I really like it......It took a little time to set it up to contour cut, but once I got that lined out no problems.........

If your getting a VJ I would get the 140000......Flexi DX came with the package and it provides it own type of reg. system call a box.....It prints a box around the graphics and the laser reads the box instead of reg. marks.......Never missed a cut after I got the kinks worked out......

R08

ya I think it is 48". I have an outdoor 48" printer so I never tried anything bigger. It's big enough for 54" but the rollers only go to 48".

One thing I would of liked on my mutoh is 4 pinch rollers instead of three. My GCC had 4 and it tracks perfectly. I can cut 10' long stripes and it doesn't wander at all.

eforer

I have a CG-160 FX and like it a lot. Finecut is a great tool for contour cutting and comes with it.

Fuzzbuster

Owned a Ultima 1400......changed it to a graphtec FC 7000 mk2 now happy with that one

own Mutoh printers............. dont like their cutters

cheers

renamer38

Ultima is the best cutter on the market .
I've been working with graphtec ,and exp. what i have with it that its really one bad machine

randya

Can anyone tell me if the Ultima can simply cut up ganged 8.5 x 11's into individual prints?

It is designed as a contour cutter to countor connected images, not designed to cut out.

There is a ponce option available in some of the RIP packages.
You would need a ponce blade.

R08

It is designed as a contour cutter to countor connected images, not designed to cut out.

There is a ponce option available in some of the RIP packages.
You would need a ponce blade.

I think you mean 'pounce' wheel.

But as far as cutting out completely . I've done it by accident and it went right through the backing paper.

But no it's not make to die cut materials right through.

randya

Thanks, it is pounce.

But it is a "blade" that fits in the cutter blade holder and the software acts similar to a sewing needle to perf the 'contour' and allow punch out of the samples. (Or so I am told, I have never actually seen it in action.)

It does sound as if a wheel would be faster.