• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Discussion MUTOH dissmissed me on a question

Eforcer

I have a Mutoh 1624 that has been churning out work everyday. I've repaired it when ever possible. I recently moved my printer to a different spot in the shop. Since the move it has had issues with cleaning. Every morning it's stops cleaning cycle at 14% <---- everyday. So I called Mutoh direct to inquire about the problem. The first question he asked was what kind of ink are you using? I said is not relevant? Considering I've been using Jetbest for over almost a year. Before I can ask him anything else I got toned. Is he correct or just another way of avoiding conversation?

TIA

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
As soon as most manufacturer techs hear 3rd party ink they will hone in on that and never let go. It's most likely a company policy in their defense.

I would make sure your machine is level and try another cleaning. Also, check your cartridges to make sure they have ink in them. If everything checks out, it could be a sub tank issue possibly. When cleaning, the sub tanks need to refill but if something is preventing that, you can get stalls like this. Check your error log for sub tank errors.

Eforcer

As soon as most manufacturer techs hear 3rd party ink they will hone in on that and never let go. It's most likely a company policy in their defense.

I would make sure your machine is level and try another cleaning. Also, check your cartridges to make sure they have ink in them. If everything checks out, it could be a sub tank issue possibly. When cleaning, the sub tanks need to refill but if something is preventing that, you can get stalls like this. Check your error log for sub tank errors.

I would like to get an insight from you. But I'll pay.