• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh dumped ink waste bottle

grafixhenk

Just came in this morning and had to do some printing, fired it up and the waste bottle was filled and dumped a yellow and a full mmagenta cartridge in it. What will cause this, lines, capping station?

While you did not mention the specific printer model that you have, I'm guessing that it is the Falcon Outdoor. This problem can occur in that printer when the capping station sponges swell, and come into contact with the printhead(s) while the heads are parked (as would be the case overnight).

This sponge contact can over-come the normal back-pressure in the printhead, and cause ink to begin to flow into the waste bottle. It is rare, but this is not the first case that I have heard of this happening.

The solution would be to replace the sponge and/ or the entire cap top to the maintenance station.

Bob

Color Dude

If you want a quick fix, that will get you through a job or two until you get the CapTop Assembly. Simply get a flashlight and a pair of tweezers. The caps have 2 sponges stacked ontop of eachother. Be very careful and remove the top layer of the captop sponge. If you do it correctly, there will be one sponge left on each of the caps. It will get a little messy if you leave it like that, but it will definately fix the problem until you can replace the caps.

To my knowledge, you have to purchase the Captops, the sponges are not available individually. I would replace the captops anyways, just so you have a fresh set of captops with good seals.

Jackpine

To my knowledge, you have to purchase the Captops, the sponges are not available individually. I would replace the captops anyways, just so you have a fresh set of captops with good seals.

Maintenance stations are $325 from Mutoh through GEI CalGraph with the newest version pump. Capping stations and other parts can be purchased at wwwcmykparts.com.

iSign

I had a major ink cleanup yesterday. It was user error, in that I hadn't noticed the waste jug filling up, & hadn't trained the guy I've had for 90 days to check it. I'll tell you though... neither of us will EVER forget now!