Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mutoh dumped ink waste bottle

Discussion in 'Mutoh' started by grafixhenk, Jun 12, 2007.

1. grafixhenk

grafixhenk Member

Jan 25, 2006
    Just came in this morning and had to do some printing, fired it up and the waste bottle was filled and dumped a yellow and a full mmagenta cartridge in it. What will cause this, lines, capping station?

Tags:
  2. P Wagner

P Wagner Very Active Member

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    While you did not mention the specific printer model that you have, I'm guessing that it is the Falcon Outdoor. This problem can occur in that printer when the capping station sponges swell, and come into contact with the printhead(s) while the heads are parked (as would be the case overnight).

This sponge contact can over-come the normal back-pressure in the printhead, and cause ink to begin to flow into the waste bottle. It is rare, but this is not the first case that I have heard of this happening.

The solution would be to replace the sponge and/ or the entire cap top to the maintenance station.

Bob

3. grafixhenk

grafixhenk Member

Jan 25, 2006
    Yes, it is a falcon outdoor with ultra conversion.

4. grafixhenk

grafixhenk Member

Jan 25, 2006
    Where can i get the sponges seperate, everyone is trying to sell the whole station

5. Jackpine

Jackpine Major Contributor

Contact www.cmykparts.com, or call 1 800 482-7560. Mutoh, Mimaki and Roland parts. Good prices, fast shipping and nice guy to do business with.

6. Color Dude

Color Dude Member

Jun 20, 2005
    If you want a quick fix, that will get you through a job or two until you get the CapTop Assembly. Simply get a flashlight and a pair of tweezers. The caps have 2 sponges stacked ontop of eachother. Be very careful and remove the top layer of the captop sponge. If you do it correctly, there will be one sponge left on each of the caps. It will get a little messy if you leave it like that, but it will definately fix the problem until you can replace the caps.

To my knowledge, you have to purchase the Captops, the sponges are not available individually. I would replace the captops anyways, just so you have a fresh set of captops with good seals.

7. Jackpine

Jackpine Major Contributor

To my knowledge, you have to purchase the Captops, the sponges are not available individually. I would replace the captops anyways, just so you have a fresh set of captops with good seals.

Maintenance stations are $325 from Mutoh through GEI CalGraph with the newest version pump. Capping stations and other parts can be purchased at wwwcmykparts.com.

8. iSign

iSign Major Contributor

Nov 29, 2003
    Kahului, Maui
    I had a major ink cleanup yesterday. It was user error, in that I hadn't noticed the waste jug filling up, & hadn't trained the guy I've had for 90 days to check it. I'll tell you though... neither of us will EVER forget now!