• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh eco sol Max on COATED Media

teamrolex

Hi,

Since I made the switch from 5500ps to vj1204, I have some rolls left of Mactac COATED Media.

Do you think I can print on these coated media ?
And if yes, what profile should I be using ?

Thanks.
Rolex

teamrolex

I wonder if I should.
Worried something terrible will happen (new to solvent printing).

Ok if no answer today from the gurus I will go ahead and try this tomorrow before posting back my findings.

Rolex.

sfr table hockey

Not sure what that media is but are you talking about using a waterbased media on a solvent printer.

If this is what you are asking then other than the cost of the coated media is 4 times the cost or more of standard solvent media, I think you can print on some coated media. I know some canvas that was waterbased (thus coated) works in a solvent printer. Some of the waterbased photo papers work with solvent.

The worst that will happen is that you print a test on a piece and find the ink does not soak in and it comes off.

Depending on what the coated media was for, you may find a buyer for some, as guys with new waterbased (if that's what it is) printers are always looking for partial rolls to try out.

teamrolex

Thank u for your reply.

Yes these are coated media for dye and pigment inks (used them with 5500 Hp).

Ok if this "terrible thing" that can happen sounds not too terrible after all, I try test print tomorrow.

Thanks man.

teamrolex

Ok. Printed beautifully.
Let it dry and tried wiping the print with the rough side of dishwashing sponge. The ink came out.

But wiping gently with a soft cloth is ok.
Temp tried was 40/40/40 degrees.

So I guess the ink does not stick well to the Coated media.

RBDesign

I had the hp5000ps uv myself. i sold the printer for 1200.00 and the material for an extra $800.00. used that to buy material for the roland i have now. im sure material will work but will weather badly outside if not laminated. Probably no problems inside if away from hi traffic areas, but you can laminated for that too... i would just sell to someone who needs it and use that money to purchase the real stuff you need.