• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh Experts...Please HELP

RickReich

Off the top I would like to express thanks for all the information provided on this site.

I have been able to solve a couple of issues I have had with my printer just by reading others posts.

I now find myself with a new problem and am hoping the vast array of experience and knowledge out here can help me again.

I was having a print head issue where only one print head was working (head 2), through several test I was able to locate a cooked resister on the main board along with a defective mosfet. Both have been replaced and upon start up I now am getting an error code E075 Sensor error. It does not specify which of the many sensors it is not detecting. I am curious if anyone has access to a service manual for the RJ 6100.

If anyone has had the same experience with the sensor error I am open for suggestions, be it how to identify which sensor it might be or if there are further problems with the main board what to look for.

Thank you in advance for sharing your knowledge

thebigrman@gmail.com

rubo

EO75 comes when the head carriage stumbles upon something and stops moving - might be dirty rail or something - I turn the printer off, hand force the carriage back and forth few times, turn the printer back on - works every time - guess until it stops working again. BTW its RJ900.

RickReich

The LED Display was flashing the E075 sensor code as well as ALL the lights on the panel lighting up. I was referenceing my user manual that is what lead me to a sensor error.

If anyone out there has a service manual for this model I would really appreciate gaining access to it. My printer has been down for 3 weeks and I have a boatload of printing backed up behind it.

RickReich

rubo, the carriage moves freely throughout it range, the rail is free of any debris and clean. It returns to the capping station before initilizing and then when it takes off to detect the paper size it stops about 14 inches from the capping station and then begins to flash the code. Not sure if that makes a difference. Also everything I have found denoting make and model state it is a RJ6100. When I replaced the print heads, dampers, and power supply board, all replacement parts based off numbers from the defective items were for the RJ6100. so Im not sure about the RJ 900 thing

rubo

turn off the paper size check - you know the paper size you're printing on - the printer doesn't need to know. See if it helps.

RickReich

I am unable to turn off the paper sizing, as soon as you turn on the machine it begins its initializing process and then begins to search for the paper size then flashes the error code. When I hit the cancel button all that does is stop the beeping but the lights on the display panel continue to blink. I am really at a loss

CRD

Check the encoder strip on top of the carriage rail to be clean.
if it stops always at the same spot...........

Paco

RickReich

The encoder strip is clean the sensor has been blown out gently. From the capping station the carriage moves 8 inches then flashes the error code when I turn the machine off and turn it back on, without moving the carriage from the postion that it stopped in, it will move another 8 inches and continues until it reaches the end of the carriage travel. Im not suire if it is the carriage sensor or the paper sensor, neither of which can I shut off. I have attempted to unplug them but the same thing occurs.

RickReich

I should have stated that after every shut off it moves the 8 inches.. sorry becomming more confused by the minute...

RickReich

According to the user manual it states In the case of a sensor detection error, NVRAM error or Sum-check error, switch off the power again. If the error persists, contact the Mutoh authorized dealer. So it appears Im stuck until I can locat a service manual for this machine...
anyone with suggestions I am open... I really need to get this machine online....
Thank you

RickReich

Is there anyone out there with access to a service manual for a Mutoh (PrismJet) RJ-6100_43. I need to interpret the red blinking lights on the mother board to determine which sensor it not being detected.

Espartaco1967

System Faults
When Message is Displayed
1 • E075 Error Sensor Fault
This message indicates that condition
has occurred in which the origin cannot
be detected.
1-1
1-2
1-3
1-4
1-5
• Use the self-diagnostic “Sensor: Origin” and carry out the origin sensor test.
• Check the origin sensor assembly connection.
J205 (H ORIGN) on the head board assembly.
→Reconnect properly.
• Check Y cable connections.
Check that they are not inserted obliquely.
J111 (HEAD1) on the mainboard assembly and J201 (MAIN1) on the head board assembly.
→Insert them properly.
→Replace the Y cable between J111 (HEAD1) and J201 (MAIN1).
• The origin sensor assembly may be faulty.
→Replace it.
• The mainboard assembly may be damaged.
→Replace it.
No. Symptom
Sequence
Items to be Confirmed
When Message is Displayed
Mechanical System Faults
R E P B A C
G O T O R e f . P a g e s
CAUTION: Power must be off when connectors are being disconnected or
reconnected, otherwise you may be injured or a board may be
damaged.
The mainboard assembly will certainly be damaged if power is