Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mutoh F. O. Jr Autocleaning?

Discussion in 'Mutoh' started by John L, Dec 30, 2009.

1. John L

John L Very Active Member

Apr 28, 2007
    I have read here a few times about how the Mutoh Falcon Outdoor Junior does not have an automatic cleaning feature. Page number 58 of the users guide/manual says that it does.

Which is correct?

Tags:
  2. Compilla

Compilla Active Member

Jul 21, 2005
    It is correct, the FO Series don't have Auto-cleaning function

3. FINBAR

FINBAR New Member

Dec 29, 2009
    IRELAND
    John
    The MUTOH, according to its manual will"occasionally carry out an automatic cleaning cycle" and leaves one with the option of doing a cleaning cycle as one wishes.
    On a servicing vein---any ideas where I could obtain a service/maintainence manual for a Mutoh 38.
    I have followed many "links" without success.

Any ideas as to why I have to regularly syringe the waste ink lines in order to draw inks to the heads?
    Regards
    Finbar

4. Compilla

Compilla Active Member

Jul 21, 2005
    You can buy the service Manual from Mutoh:

http://www.mutoh.com/kb/entry/64/

As per your issue, either your capping station or your pump is failing.

5. FINBAR

FINBAR New Member

Dec 29, 2009
    IRELAND
    Compilla
    thank you for the link and when I get the service book I will change the complete motor/capping station panel.
    Regards
    Finbar

6. John L

John L Very Active Member

Apr 28, 2007
    Finbar.. Thats what I read. So, if left on, how often would it clean itself? Does yours?

Compilla... Thats what I suspected. I have never heard this printer do anything periodically when left on for days at a time.

Thanks

7. Graphics2u

Graphics2u Very Active Member

Jan 31, 2007
    Iowa
    John,
    Not sure where you found that but my user manual says nothing about a auto cleaning and when I had that printer I know it didn't have an auto clean cycle. If you have it connected by a network cable there is a way to set up an a test print such as a just a 1/2" wide row of cmyk blocks. You can have windows automatically send the file via TCP\IP every 12 or 24 hrs or something like that. There was a thread about it recently.

8. Compilla

Compilla Active Member

Jul 21, 2005
    Graphics2u,
    Interesting, Do you have that link handy ?

9. Graphics2u

Graphics2u Very Active Member

Jan 31, 2007
    Iowa