• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh falcon II outdoor, overspray

Gfx Signs

Hello I have a Mutoh Falcon II outdoor 87", Onyx RIP. Recently I am getting over-spray on the leading edge (1st 4-6") of the print. Which continues for the entire print down the right edge. (Appears the be the a Cyan head). During long prints it starts to build up on the head and drip on the left edge when the carriage changes direction.

What could be causing this and any solution??
Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Graphics2u

Hello I have a Mutoh Falcon II outdoor 87", Onyx RIP. Recently I am getting over-spray on the leading edge (1st 4-6") of the print. Which continues for the entire print down the right edge. (Appears the be the a Cyan head). During long prints it starts to build up on the head and drip on the left edge when the carriage changes direction.

What could be causing this and any solution??
Any thoughts would be appreciated.
I've had similar happen when the head itself is dirty or has fuzz on it. Also the overspray if it is a very narrow strip along the edge could be the timing adjustments for the heads.

Gfx Signs

I manually cleaned the head and solved the dripping but still not sure why getting excess spray at the spitting box??

Graphics2u

When was the last time you changed the pad in the spitoon box? When they get too saturated with ink that overspray can happen. Either replace it or remove it and clean it with cleaning fluid. Be careful though they are easy to tear when they are older.

Compilla

When was the last time you changed the pad in the spitoon box? When they get too saturated with ink that overspray can happen. Either replace it or remove it and clean it with cleaning fluid. Be careful though they are easy to tear when they are older.

Good point

Gfx Signs

I removed the pad and absorbed all the ink. It was loaded. but didn't clean with cleaning fluid. I'll try that.

Could this be from a head at it's end-of-life??? OR a bad damper??

The Sign Dude

I removed the pad and absorbed all the ink. It was loaded. but didn't clean with cleaning fluid. I'll try that.

Could this be from a head at it's end-of-life??? OR a bad damper??

I had a problem with ink overspray too. Cleaning the pad (thouroughly) fixed the problem.