• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh Falcon Jr where to start first

tomence

I got a good deal on this printer and cutter $600 for both. It is Mutoh Falcon Jr and VinylExpress 30" cutter. The cutter works perfect, the printer has cleaning cartridges inside. Now my question is since there are cleaning cartridges in it should i do few cleaning cycles and then install new ink or is there another procedure to do. Printer has been sitting with the cleaning cartridges in it for about a year.

ahollow

I would do a flush, then fill. That way you know the system was recently flushed before filling with ink. After that, a test print will tell you the head condition, etc.

Basically, follow the maintenance manual for starting a new system. If you need the maintenance manual, send me a PM and I'll send you a link to it. right now, I'm not sure what server I have it hosted on.

tomence

So far i did the flush and refill and i did get only the black dumper half full and the color dumpers there was no ink at all. Then i manually pull the ink to the dumpers until half full and after that i did few cleaning cycles and did test print. When test print i got only the black to print but no colors at all. When i was pulling ink from the waste bottle lines i could hear air between the capping station and the heads so for sure there is no good seal between them. Also when i was pulling ink i could get only cyan. But even if there is no seal between them should i still get the color head to print.

tomence

Here is a pic of the test print.

Attachments

• testprint.jpg
    testprint.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 85

J Hill Designs

no seal means air is getting into the heads - prob clogged fairly bad...new capping station, head soak (overnight) then a few powerful cleanings...

thmooch

Here is what I have done...

when pulling from the waste line you need to gently push the carriage to have it make a good vacuum. So, if you are facing the machine from the front you would gently push and hold to the --------> right toward the "Home" position you will be able to feel when it seats. you will only be pushing like .25" or so, then use the syringe to pull ink.

tomence

Ok i did that and there was a good seal no air leak but i was able to pull only cyan. So i guess new head and new capping station. I have to check the fuses just in case to make sure they are not blown.

Here is what I have done...

when pulling from the waste line you need to gently push the carriage to have it make a good vacuum. So, if you are facing the machine from the front you would gently push and hold to the --------> right toward the "Home" position you will be able to feel when it seats. you will only be pushing like .25" or so, then use the syringe to pull ink.

thmooch

personally I would do a head soak then powerful cleanings(at least 2)as previously mentioned before changing parts.

tomence

To do a head soak do i have to take out the heads or it can be done while still in the printer.

SlightlyChilled

To do a head soak do i have to take out the heads or it can be done while still in the printer.

I did. But most from what I here wet a lint free cloth and put them on the caps move then move the head over them or you can fill your caps with cleaner and dock it.

opelsail

What do you use to soak the heads in? I have a Falcon outdoor that hasn't been printing for over a year. Can the head soak fix it?

opelsail

Has anyone used the Head recovery company in the side ads on this site. I mean do they really get them to work?